Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322433 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #2010 on: 21 August 2013, 13:16 »
I can feel the M135 discussions about to start up again.....

They already have!  But I've confined them to babybmw.net so as to avoid offending anyone over here who rightly thinks the M135i should only come up where it is discussed in relation to a GTI (or now an R).

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2011 on: 21 August 2013, 13:17 »
I can feel the M135 discussions about to start up again.....

They already have!  But I've confined them to babybmw.net so as to avoid offending anyone over here who rightly thinks the M135i should only come up where it is discussed in relation to a GTI (or now an R).

If you'd committed to one the other week it'd probably be being built about now.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2012 on: 22 August 2013, 10:23 »
I'm literally at breaking point.

Spoke to the helpful people at VWEO - they tell me my car STILL hasn't been built even though it should have been last Monday.  He said he's hopeful it will be built BW35 but can't confirm this.

Cited the delays in the number of orders (I ordered 8th April so they're after me!), the increase in production to the UK for September plates (not my problem) and the factory shutdown (that's planned, what's the issue??)

All in all I'm seriously f7cked off as its looking like Oct at the earliest.

I would imagine that this will have a knock on effect for those looking at BW35 onwards.

Wish I'd got a BMW.....  :angry:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #2013 on: 22 August 2013, 10:36 »
Jeez, that sucks matchboy :(  It's incredible the level of incompetence they are demonstrating.  As you say, you ordered well before a lot of people, the shutdown is planned, and September comes around the same time every year. 

On balance I guess my experience hasn't been all that bad really, given it will "only" have been 20 weeks instead of the 16 I was told to expect, and in all fairness I only ever had one estimated build week of 38 that came down to 32, stayed there, and all seems to have gone to plan after that.  It hasn't been helped by orders that were placed after mine and are now driving around, or the fact that others ordered before me and are still getting fed all kinds of bollox :(
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2014 on: 22 August 2013, 10:42 »
Jeez, that sucks matchboy :(  It's incredible the level of incompetence they are demonstrating.  As you say, you ordered well before a lot of people, the shutdown is planned, and September comes around the same time every year. 

On balance I guess my experience hasn't been all that bad really, given it will "only" have been 20 weeks instead of the 16 I was told to expect, and in all fairness I only ever had one estimated build week of 38 that came down to 32, stayed there, and all seems to have gone to plan after that.  It hasn't been helped by orders that were placed after mine and are now driving around, or the fact that others ordered before me and are still getting fed all kinds of bollox :(

Yeah you are one of the lucky ones!

I'm trying to look at the positives, however the only one I can draw on is that if mine had been built BW28 as planned it would have been hit by those hailstones!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #2015 on: 22 August 2013, 11:11 »

I'm trying to look at the positives, however the only one I can draw on is that if mine had been built BW28 as planned it would have been hit by those hailstones!  :laugh:

I know, that had crossed my mind too had it been any earlier! :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2016 on: 22 August 2013, 11:15 »
Anyone have the name and email address of VW UK main boss? I know I read it here somewhere in the past, but cannot find it.

Offline Blades72

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2017 on: 22 August 2013, 11:27 »
Anyone have the name and email address of VW UK main boss? I know I read it here somewhere in the past, but cannot find it.
Here's his email:-

martin.winterkorn@volkswagen.de
Gone :Mk7 GTI with Performance Pack, Pure White, Dynaudio & Extended Warranty.
Arrived: Mk7.5 PP DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2018 on: 22 August 2013, 11:35 »
Here's his email:-

martin.winterkorn@volkswagen.de

That’s Mr VW Germany. I think I found VW UK CEO by googling him, Simon Thomas: simon.thomas@volkswagen.co.uk

Thought I’d pester the UK arm first, although they may just be held to ransom by VW Germany and may not be culpable themselves for this shambles.

Ricepop

« Reply #2019 on: 22 August 2013, 15:45 »

From my point you are one of the lucky ones, I ordered on the 15th April and now have an unconfirmed build week of 51. We all seem to be getting screwed, my first new car purchase isn't turning out to be much fun.