Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322483 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #2000 on: 21 August 2013, 12:21 »
Dare I ask... can it get any worse? :angry:

I'd like to say no, but we all know that I'd be lying  :laugh:

Lying? The perfect credentials for VW UK staff – fancy a new job?

Unless they have some spare capacity for catching up, i'd expect all the forseeable BW34/35/36/37 etc to fall back 2 weeks also, unless things quieten down now the ordering/building rush for the new Sept plates is well done and dusted.

I agree.  At least a 2 week delay on top of the outrageous delays we've all ready all suffered.  :angry:

:grin: I'm not that good of a liar to work for VW UK!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #2001 on: 21 August 2013, 12:23 »

Unless they have some spare capacity for catching up, i'd expect all the forseeable BW34/35/36/37 etc to fall back 2 weeks also, unless things quieten down now the ordering/building rush for the new Sept plates is well done and dusted.

I'm expecting a VW exec call today or tomorrow.  I'm not waiting until tomorrow if they don't call soon I'm calling them.

I want to know exactly what is going on, their camera delays seem to be only semi-true since at least one dealer says they have a stock pile of cameras.  The current delays will they be affecting BW37 confirmed orders?  If not then what guarantee will they give on this?  Where is the discussion of compensation (or as they put it "help") for loss of p/x value and general inconvenience that they promised? etc etc etc

Offline ChrisJL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2002 on: 21 August 2013, 12:32 »

I'm expecting a VW exec call today or tomorrow.  I'm not waiting until tomorrow if they don't call soon I'm calling them.

I want to know exactly what is going on, their camera delays seem to be only semi-true since at least one dealer says they have a stock pile of cameras.  The current delays will they be affecting BW37 confirmed orders?  If not then what guarantee will they give on this?  Where is the discussion of compensation (or as they put it "help") for loss of p/x value and general inconvenience that they promised? etc etc etc

Be interested to hear what they have to say for you, like MH said, unless they've got extra capacity somewhere, the current delays in building Week 33 cars is likely to have a knock on affect for anyone after it by the same delay margin, so your 37 then becomes a 38 or possibly 39 at the way things seem to be going.

I think the minimum they should be giving you is your px back dated to when you ordered as a good will gesture, minimum though as I say, if you can swing more then get more  :smiley:
Collected 10/09/2013: Mk 7 Golf GTI. 3 Door Manual. Tornado Red. Performance Pack. Adaptive Chassis. Winter Pack. Life Shine Protection.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #2003 on: 21 August 2013, 12:37 »
I think the minimum they should be giving you is your px back dated to when you ordered as a good will gesture, minimum though as I say, if you can swing more then get more  :smiley:

I'll report back here.

On the p/x I agree with you.  I actually want them to give it as an additional discount so I can drive my own car and then dispose of it as I like.  However they implied that "if" they "help" with this they would want to take the car now (and I bet that won't include honouring the original p/x from April) and then they will see "if" they can "keep me moving".

Now, if this was coming from a company I saw as being concerned about its customers and looking after them I mgith think differently but frankly from VW that sounds like a load of bull where they might take my car for less than I think its worth and leave me high and dry, or possibly stuck in an UP for who knows how long... no deal.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2004 on: 21 August 2013, 12:46 »
Can't you have a word with your dealer Bear and get them to tell you whether or not your part ex value will be honoured?  After all, its their (VW) fault that you haven't got your car yet so why should you lose out?
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #2005 on: 21 August 2013, 12:53 »
Can't you have a word with your dealer Bear and get them to tell you whether or not your part ex value will be honoured?  After all, its their (VW) fault that you haven't got your car yet so why should you lose out?

I could but I don't have much faith in my dealer.  They seem to say only one of two things when I talk to them:

1. "We know nothing, we'll call you when we do" and they never call.  Didn't even do so when I finally went BW confirmed until literally 5mins after I sent an email to VW exec demanding an update! :rolleyes:

2. "As far as we know there are no issues, you can still expect July/August delivery"

Maybe I could convince them to take my car and give me a courtesy car, but I don't want that really as explained above.  Also it seems that they have to claim compensation from VWUK and I have no faith in their ability to do this so I'd just be waiting indefinitely on them agreeing something with VWUK.  The answer will probably arrive in a month: "computer says no".  So I'd rather just go to VWUK myself and badger them for compensation myself rather than them compensating the dealer.

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #2006 on: 21 August 2013, 12:58 »
I double checked that my dealer was standing by my trade in quote yesterday and received this back via email:

Yes, we will stand on the trade in value, as it is out of your (and our) control, that the car has been delayed.
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2007 on: 21 August 2013, 12:59 »
Seems a bit of a pickle Bear.  I'd still ask them though.  I did LOL at the 'it'll be with you July/August' BS - clearly this lot are jokers.

It's still worth a call though I think, and also trying to get a courtesy car.  Got to be better than your current car anyways  :lipsrsealed: :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #2008 on: 21 August 2013, 13:09 »
I did LOL at the 'it'll be with you July/August' BS

Its the "far as we know" bit that gets me.  They always say this kind of thing and I just get the impression that they aren't even checking so yeah, if they don't know anything then as far as they know there is no change!  With "Kim" and "Claire" and also "Lucie" who I have dealt with everything is very certain until I ask questions or point out inconsistencies and then it starts to become vague.  Same thing with "Lisa" at VW exec actually. :angry:

It's still worth a call though I think, and also trying to get a courtesy car.  Got to be better than your current car anyways  :lipsrsealed: :laugh:

Hey I like me car! :grin: :sad:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2009 on: 21 August 2013, 13:14 »

Car demand is pretty constant year round – different countries in the EU stagger their “new plate” months – it’s not like everyone that Wolfburg produces for  is clamouring for a new Golf to be delivered in March or September. Really can’t see where they’re going to make that time back if they already work 24/7 CSP shifts. I’d expect everyone for the foreseeable to be experiencing 2 week knock-on effect (that’s if my car actually gets started this weekend as they implied but didn’t commit to).

I can feel the M135 discussions about to start up again.....
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.