Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322427 times)

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1970 on: 20 August 2013, 15:38 »
Did they mention anything about what these issues are re. new GTD delays?
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1971 on: 20 August 2013, 15:51 »
Didn't someone's arrive at the dealership and the dealer knew nothing about it? Even their tracker said it hadn't been built yet!!
Not really sure how a whole car can slip through the net considering it must be scanned at every stage / process.

No wonder there are so many misbuilds!

Maybe like package holidays you can pay a fixed amount and its just pot luck what extras are on the car supplied to you. Would certainly be good for those that usually take no extras.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 20 August 2013, 15:53 by p3asa »
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline sleg

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1972 on: 20 August 2013, 16:14 »
Ordered mine on 6/7/13 week 32

My salesman has just emailed me to say I have an expected build date of 29th October week 44.

How long is the norm from build week to delivery?? (I have read the previous posts but can't get a definate answer)

Sleg
« Last Edit: 20 August 2013, 16:16 by sleg »

Offline Lagerlout

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1973 on: 20 August 2013, 16:41 »
I've been told my week 37 should be here end of September. We'll see.   :lipsrsealed:

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1974 on: 20 August 2013, 16:49 »

My salesman has just emailed me to say I have an expected build date of 29th October week 44.

How long is the norm from build week to delivery?? (I have read the previous posts but can't get a definate answer)

Sleg

I was told delivery is 4-6 weeks (though some here were told 4?), and that apparently includes the BW.  So if you are BW44 then expect delivery week 47-49.  If so you're getting a car on a 16 week lead time!  Thats insanely fast, how did you achieve this?  20-24 weeks is what I would expect to see.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1975 on: 20 August 2013, 16:52 »
Well, it gets closer...my car was in transit this morning, and shows as in the UK now :)  It says it'll take around 7 days to get to the dealer, which is fine by me as between that and the preparation, it means they shouldn't have to hold onto it for very long to register in on 2nd September or after.

Edit: I was build week 32, so on the assumption that I collect it 1st week of September, that makes it a delivery time of 5 weeks including the build week, so bang in the middle of the 4 - 6 week advised estimate.
« Last Edit: 20 August 2013, 16:59 by Gryzor »
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline sleg

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1976 on: 20 August 2013, 16:53 »

Sleg

I was told delivery is 4-6 weeks (though some here were told 4?), and that apparently includes the BW.  So if you are BW44 then expect delivery week 47-49.  If so you're getting a car on a 16 week lead time!  Thats insanely fast, how did you achieve this?  20-24 weeks is what I would expect to see.

I don't know how but it could be my good looks  :cool:

Sleg

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1977 on: 20 August 2013, 18:07 »
That's sh!tty news MH. Have you spoken to the VWEO? I got a better idea of status that way. Although I was told my car was built and awaiting shipment it still says in build on the tracker, and going by what you've been told I think it's more likely it hasn't been even started yet as I was BW33 as well.

I am still shocked about how p!ss poor this process is.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline ChrisJL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1978 on: 20 August 2013, 18:10 »
Just had a call from my VW salesman to tell me that my BW33 GTD hasn’t even been started yet.

He tried to call and missed me on Friday (I was out when he said he called) to tell me then it wasn’t started. He checked build status on Saturday, and again today.

Didnt want to put full quote. But suspect all us in 33 that werent built might be in the same boat then. Early sunday morning was a weird time for it to move to build in progress. Suspect its like you say and the customer tracker just bugged and assumes that due to no update and it now being the following week that we must be in progress. As surely vw would never be slow...

Time will tell i guess, joy.
Collected 10/09/2013: Mk 7 Golf GTI. 3 Door Manual. Tornado Red. Performance Pack. Adaptive Chassis. Winter Pack. Life Shine Protection.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1979 on: 20 August 2013, 18:11 »
Did they mention anything about what these issues are re. new GTD delays?

The implication was shutdown caused backlog rather than the dreaded BW51 issues we've heard of. It seemed like he knew more than he was letting on and the shutdown yarn was his most believable story - didn't feel like he beleived it himself the way he told it, just an impression I got.

If they are 2 weeks behind and don't plan getting any further behind then someone on a later "confirmed BW with a GTD would be no worse off than me (also being 2 weeks late). I did ask why the shutdown caused delays, seeing as the shutdown was planned and they officially didn't have cars scheduled in during the shutdown (no-one from here with a GTI/GTD order for confirmed BW29/30/31 anyway). He didn't have an answer. He suggested I ring same time next week and it should be built (he thought it would start this weekend at the latest).
« Last Edit: 20 August 2013, 18:14 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.