Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322577 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1870 on: 15 August 2013, 18:34 »
Great news on confirmation Bear!! Finally! As good as the M135i is if I were you I'd stick with the GTI - it's a bit more special & at least you know it's confirmed now!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #1871 on: 15 August 2013, 18:36 »
Emailed VWCS to ask why they didn't contact me Tuesday as promised.  Then got a call few minutes later from my dealer.  I'm confirmed BW37.  Because of all the delays VW have sucked the fun out of this and I don't feel excited at all :sad:.  I specifically asked and the camera IS being fitted.  Or at least the dealer says "it's still showing as on there" which is about as definite as anything they say.

Really sorry for you guys still waiting for a confirmation, especially Jimble and now Ricepop because of his bad news.  Rice if you cancel I can put you in touch with a BMW with huge discount!

I actually made my mind up to cancel on Monday when I'm back in the UK and take the M135i deal.  Now I don't know what to do... Doubt I can cancel and get my deposit back after going confirmed... or you think I can?  Dammit VW!  I won't be going VW again that is for sure.  My first and last GTI I reckon. :sad:

Oh yeah, and when I told my wife the "good" news she told me she actually wanted me to take the Beemer.  Ha... :sad:

You can still get your deposit back, it's way over estimated date. My dealer said no problem if I want mine back. Funny my mrs thinks I should get an M135i too :grin:
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1872 on: 15 August 2013, 19:01 »
Good and bad news bear, in that it seemingly hasn't made your decision easier.  Of course cock-ups aside, it'll be fitted with the camera as you specced it.  If you decide to cancel you will have no issue getting your deposit back, as I don't believe it says anywhere that it is non-refundable, so they'd have a hard time. 

If I can be honest, I'd just learn to be happy with the good news, you've gone confirmed, and you are going to be getting the car you wanted in the first place. It's nicer looking, and barring the speed and better media/nav, what does the beemer offer that the GTI doesn't?  Turn that negative energy into something more positive and useful :)
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1873 on: 15 August 2013, 19:04 »
Turn that negative energy into something more positive and useful :)

A Voodoo doll of VW's CEO?  :whistle:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1874 on: 15 August 2013, 19:21 »
I got confirmation today that my car is going into build next Monday, several weeks after initial estimates, but still happy enough.

Offline GtG

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1875 on: 15 August 2013, 19:47 »
Just wondering if I should be concerned or not...

My GTI was confirmed BW32 (last week).

Has been 'confirmed' on the tracker for eight weeks now. Called my dealer Friday last week to see if she knew what the score was (had told me previously that the VIN number would appear on the system once they started to build it.

She wasn't in the best of moods it seemed when I called, having just apparently had to call other GTI customers to tell them their cars had been pushed back to BW 37 and 42. So I called VW customer services, they looked up the order number and said 'it's being built as we speak' (this is last Friday).

The dealer called me today and said 'Your car is being built, I called VW to confirm as it seems our other two cars are going to be pushed back again'. But still no VIN number showing on the system, never mind showing as 'in transit' on the tracker.

How can a BW32 car still be being built, and still not have a VIN number?? I think I need a beer  :sad:

Ordered: Mk7 GTI | 3-Door | Pure White | DSG | Leather | Performance Pack | 19" Santiago | DynAudio

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1876 on: 15 August 2013, 20:04 »
Emailed VWCS to ask why they didn't contact me Tuesday as promised.  Then got a call few minutes later from my dealer.  I'm confirmed BW37.  Because of all the delays VW have sucked the fun out of this and I don't feel excited at all :( .  I specifically asked and the camera IS being fitted.  Or at least the dealer says "it's still showing as on there" which is about as definite as anything they say.

Really sorry for you guys still waiting for a confirmation, especially Jimble and now Ricepop because of his bad news.  Rice if you cancel I can put you in touch with a BMW with huge discount!

I actually made my mind up to cancel on Monday when I'm back in the UK and take the M135i deal.  Now I don't know what to do... Doubt I can cancel and get my deposit back after going confirmed... or you think I can?  Dammit VW!  I won't be going VW again that is for sure.  My first and last GTI I reckon. :(

Oh yeah, and when I told my wife the "good" news she told me she actually wanted me to take the Beemer.  Ha... :(

Great news mate! Spoke to my dealer on tuesday and was still unconfirmed 37 but he said he wasn't going to check again till next tuesday-wednesday, has yours changed on the tracker yet? It stands a chance mines confirmed but it's just not showing yet.

Hpoe so anyway! ;D
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1877 on: 15 August 2013, 20:15 »
Turn that negative energy into something more positive and useful :)

A Voodoo doll of VW's CEO?  :whistle:

Haha, somebody should give it a try!  :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #1878 on: 15 August 2013, 21:24 »

Great news mate! Spoke to my dealer on tuesday and was still unconfirmed 37 but he said he wasn't going to check again till next tuesday-wednesday, has yours changed on the tracker yet? It stands a chance mines confirmed but it's just not showing yet.

Hpoe so anyway! ;D

For BW37 hopefully you should see the status change on the tracker tomorrow?
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1879 on: 15 August 2013, 21:25 »

Hpoe so anyway! ;D

For BW37 hopefully you should see the status change on the tracker tomorrow?

Hehe! I won't hold my breath! :whistle:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂