Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322489 times)

Offline GtG

• GTI forum regular
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1820 on: 14 August 2013, 00:43 »
05:25 you see them wheel it in :)
Ordered: Mk7 GTI | 3-Door | Pure White | DSG | Leather | Performance Pack | 19" Santiago | DynAudio

Offline Lagerlout

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1821 on: 14 August 2013, 01:20 »
Well, I reckon I can definitely confirm that orders are being delayed due to something on the spec sheet. I changed my car from five door to three and from pure white to Oryx and was initially given another order number. They then spec amended the original order. Well, now the last order placed has a confirmed build week and the original order is still unconfirmed, ie my order! Genius. So draw whatever conclusions you want from that. I assume its the paint.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1822 on: 14 August 2013, 01:32 »
I conclude VW are incompetent assholes who know less about customer service than soviet Russia.  M135i is now my default option and VW basically are going to have to win my back because I've had it with their sh!t. 

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1823 on: 14 August 2013, 07:27 »
I conclude VW are incompetent assholes who know less about customer service than soviet Russia.  M135i is now my default option and VW basically are going to have to win my back because I've had it with their sh!t.

So if you haven't already, put your money where your mouth is, cancel the GTI and go buy the BMW!  Otherwise you are just going to be playing these games that piss you off even longer.  I completely understand your frustration mate, I really do, but VW aren't going to magically rearrange their build schedule for you, or give you huge discounts like BMW.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #1824 on: 14 August 2013, 07:41 »
Well, I reckon I can definitely confirm that orders are being delayed due to something on the spec sheet. I changed my car from five door to three and from pure white to Oryx and was initially given another order number. They then spec amended the original order. Well, now the last order placed has a confirmed build week and the original order is still unconfirmed, ie my order! Genius. So draw whatever conclusions you want from that. I assume its the paint.
From a personal view I don't think the camera is delaying orders anymore as I have one specced on my GTI.  Also I suspect the Oryx White paint Lagerlout specced on his car got a confirmed build week as it may be batched to spray around the same time as my car.  What Build Week do you have Lagerlout?  I have Build Week 36. I suspect the order was confirmed as there are not many Oryx White cars on order and they want to batch them together. 

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1825 on: 14 August 2013, 08:47 »
I popped in last weekend to the dealer and was told that the pano roof was now delaying orders.

Offline OF1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1826 on: 14 August 2013, 10:03 »
Lack of steering wheels and pedals will be next.
Currently Driving: Mini Cooper SD | Chilli Red | Black Roof | Often mistaken for my girlfriend's car..

Cancelled Order: Golf GTD Manual 3 Door | Pure White | Leather | Dynaudio | Reversing Camera | Service Pack

Offline AlanH

• I live here
« Reply #1827 on: 14 August 2013, 10:47 »
Lack of air for the tyres?
Mk7 GTD | 3-door, Carbon Grey, Keyless, Dynaudio, Pano roof.

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #1828 on: 14 August 2013, 10:55 »
My build week 33 is now in transit :smiley:

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1829 on: 14 August 2013, 11:20 »
My build week 33 is now in transit :smiley:

Good to know - seems that BW33ers may not be suffering any delays. Tried to check mine today - tracker hasn't updated and VW UK can't check it for me right now. Did you get tracker confirmation or did VW UK tell you it was in transit?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.