Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322425 times)

Offline Neil_MK

• Not said much yet
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1720 on: 08 August 2013, 14:31 »
There may be some truth in the cars being delayed before shutdown.  I was a BW28 (week before shutdown) and my car ended up rolling off the production line in WK30 (during the 'shutdown'). No explanation as to why however.

You are joking?  What. The. F7ck.  So even a confirmed build doesn't actually mean its going to be built.  This basically means that if yours has been put back then its going to push everyone else's back as well.  I can feel my blood starting to boil.  :angry:

You must be livid Gryzor.

Nope, not joking.  The woman on customer services didn't have a clue why, and my dealer claimed that some cars due before the shutdown were delayed...not sure what or who to believe now to be honest.  I am pretty livid, but nothing I can do, and yes, if mine is delayed, then chances are all are delayed...  Absolute shambles.  I will be on the phone to my contact at Exec Customer Services once my dealer calls me back.
Rejected - MK7 Golf GTI 5dr - Pure White - Hailstorm damaged (Ordered 24th April)
Rebuild on order - MK7 Golf GTI 5dr - Pure White - this time with Performance Pack - Confirmed BW40 (no hailstorms this time please!)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1721 on: 08 August 2013, 14:31 »
Gryzor so were you confirmed on the online tracker too and they've said your car has been delayed?

Or have the dealer just said your 'confirmed' and then its now suddenly delayed because unless its confirmed on the tracker their word of mouth 'confirmed' doesn't seem to be worth the breath spent saying it.

Way before the shutdown, I was unconfirmed at week 38.  4 weeks before the shutdown, so 7 weeks ago, I was confirmed at week 32 (w/c 5th August), and this status was showing as such on the online tacker too.  I mailed my dealer on Monday, and he confirmed both via e-mail and voicemail that it had gone into the early stages of build as of Monday morning.  Now, when I called VW, I get told that there was a delay and it hadn't gone into build at all.  Somebody is lying, and I'm really not happy.  The dealer can say "it's out of our hands" all they like, but they are the ones I'm dealing with, and they are the face of VW as far as I am concerned.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1722 on: 08 August 2013, 14:36 »
This is really getting beyond a joke now.  Its not even funny in the 'got to laugh or I'll cry' way, its an absolute shambles and not amusing in the slightest.

I hope you get an answer Gryzor from VW Exec, and today as well, as that's not the kind of news you want to take into an evening.

Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1723 on: 08 August 2013, 14:38 »
This is really getting beyond a joke now.  Its not even funny in the 'got to laugh or I'll cry' way, its an absolute shambles and not amusing in the slightest.

I hope you get an answer Gryzor from VW Exec, and today as well, as that's not the kind of news you want to take into an evening.

I know, I'm almost emotionless to be honest, gone beyond the laugh or cry stages.  As soon as I get off this conference call (:grin:) I'm going to be back onto my dealer because I want answers.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1724 on: 08 August 2013, 14:47 »

I know, I'm almost emotionless to be honest, gone beyond the laugh or cry stages.  As soon as I get off this conference call (:grin:) I'm going to be back onto my dealer because I want answers.

:grin: Its called shock!
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline ChrisJL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1725 on: 08 August 2013, 14:47 »

Utter Joke mate, hope you get some answers within the next couple of hours as to when it WILL then be done and a REAL answer too, not a fob off.

Hoping this doesn't affect mine next week but its possible!
Collected 10/09/2013: Mk 7 Golf GTI. 3 Door Manual. Tornado Red. Performance Pack. Adaptive Chassis. Winter Pack. Life Shine Protection.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1726 on: 08 August 2013, 14:53 »

I think its 95% sure it will put our BW33 back into the following week.
Audi RS5 2018

Offline ChrisJL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1727 on: 08 August 2013, 14:54 »

I think its 95% sure it will put our BW33 back into the following week.

Aye  :sad: Guess it depends how many cars are affected or if its all cars? If it was only say a handful of cars affected, then potentially that 'handful' would be the only roll over, so then it might be a lottery of who is lucky and stays in 33 and who is part of the overflow and moves to 34 and so on.
Collected 10/09/2013: Mk 7 Golf GTI. 3 Door Manual. Tornado Red. Performance Pack. Adaptive Chassis. Winter Pack. Life Shine Protection.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1728 on: 08 August 2013, 15:04 »
Might be the camera issue again.  Gryzor you had it on your order right?  Perhaps they thought they had enough but didn't quite.  If so match might be ok.

Until I hear from VW otherwise I am assuming that all orders with cameras are on permanent hold.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1729 on: 08 August 2013, 15:05 »
I reaaly don't seem to give a sh!te about my GTD, this will be the most unexciting car pickup I have ever had, i'm sure. My enthusiasm has long since evaporated.

I suppose it's easy to say that when you have a slightly better looking variant of essentially the same car with fewer toys and the older, slightly inferior variant of the same engine - i'm in no rush for my GTD now.

It is despicable that VW are lying to customers or rescheduling a fixed build week, if there were better looking cars, better equipped and better value for money (thinking purely of the cost of depreciation and fuelling) i'd have bought one already.
« Last Edit: 08 August 2013, 15:09 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.