Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322688 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1690 on: 07 August 2013, 22:07 »
When I used the "executive" number yesterday, I got asked, rather rudely, "How did you get this number?" YMMV

Apologies, should have warned you.

However, as I'm sure they are well aware (as its what they're paid for) people wouldn't be calling that number for little issues.  If they're taking more calls than they want that is some great feedback for them right there.  Lets hope they know what to do about it! :tongue:

An above average company would make an effort to give its customers a genuine honest assessment of when they can expect what.  It would also make some offer to compensate for the inconvenience.  I intend to politely discuss things and hope that one or both of the above might be forthcoming.

Will let you all know.

Offline tommygund

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1691 on: 07 August 2013, 22:10 »
Thanks all. Will also give it a go and see what response I get. Now I cant even stress myself with the tracker as thats being played with. What am I going to refresh 40 times a day now? :laugh:

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1692 on: 07 August 2013, 22:23 »
I originally got it by pestering VWUK who must have escalated internally.  However, if I were going to call that number and get asked how I obtained it, I'd simply reply "Through sheer desperation"...
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1693 on: 07 August 2013, 23:06 »
Without ploughing through the thread again, has anyone tried Twitter or Facebook? They hate that bad publicity.
I tweeted my woes about Audi and how I was being given the run around by a dealer. Within 20 minutes I was speaking to customer services and by the end of the day my problem had been dealt with.

I'm not saying its going to get you a result but if enough folk post on the Facebook page or tweet them, it might give them the shake up they need.

There is nothing to lose.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1694 on: 07 August 2013, 23:27 »
Without ploughing through the thread again, has anyone tried Twitter or Facebook? They hate that bad publicity.
I tweeted my woes about Audi and how I was being given the run around by a dealer. Within 20 minutes I was speaking to customer services and by the end of the day my problem had been dealt with.

I'm not saying its going to get you a result but if enough folk post on the Facebook page or tweet them, it might give them the shake up they need.

There is nothing to lose.

Thanks p3asa, good point.  I prefer to play it the polite way for a bit longer but if it doesn't yield results your idea may become the best bet!

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1695 on: 07 August 2013, 23:51 »
Unfortunately bear, being "too" polite doesn't often yield results when it comes to customer service.  I wasn't nasty or rude in any of my communications, but I was very firm and persistent until I got what I deemed adequate attention from appropriate people.  Prior to that point my unconfirmed build week was 38' and after several calls and texts saying they are doing everything they can to move things, lo and behold, it went to week 32 and stayed there.  Now, it may have ended up at 32 anyway without my intervention, but when it comes to customer service for both praise and complaints, I am very vocal about it, otherwise how are they to learn?
« Last Edit: 07 August 2013, 23:53 by Gryzor »
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #1696 on: 08 August 2013, 07:30 »
I reckon PP demand is one issue but they wont admit it

I think I read in a road test VW reckoned a take up of only about 1 in 3.  The Poll on here showed it to be much higher, and lets face it that option involves proper expensive Hareware they wont want to hold in stock longer than needed - bigger discs, calipers, differential etc.  All the stuff that costs money.

Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2

Offline OF1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1697 on: 08 August 2013, 08:20 »
When I used the "executive" number yesterday, I got asked, rather rudely, "How did you get this number?" YMMV

I rang them yesterday just to check I was still at BW37 and got asked the same thing.
Currently Driving: Mini Cooper SD | Chilli Red | Black Roof | Often mistaken for my girlfriend's car..

Cancelled Order: Golf GTD Manual 3 Door | Pure White | Leather | Dynaudio | Reversing Camera | Service Pack

Offline tommygund

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1698 on: 08 August 2013, 09:38 »
I have just spoken to VW UK. I rang to discuss the stupidly long wait for my build week. At the time I rang the system was down apparently (and had been all morning) this was more  a blessing than a curse as it meant that he had to call his line manager directly to see what the situation was with my order. According to their system my unconfirmed build week 36 has now moved to confirmed 36.  :grin: . I thought better of just agreeing so I have asked the guy to email me when it is confirmed on his system, that way I also have an email address of someone I can pester. He did say that he was 100% sure that this was the case but to put my mind at ease he would do it anyway.

Secondly I asked about the delays to others on here (especially with regard to the rear camera) At this point he just about crumbled into a ball of jibber. He had no idea what to say! He came up with a theory that it wasn't about demand and supply but about batches of cars and shipment. This we know to be a load of rubbish. I have a feeling that either the people at VW UK have no idea what's going on or have been told not to say, either way I don't think this is appropriate.   

Anyway, I suggest that if you want to get a better idea of what's going on with your order give the 0800 number a quick ring now. With any luck their system is still down and you might get a definitive answer.

Anyway, Ill keep you In the loop when I get my email. 

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1699 on: 08 August 2013, 10:24 »
Thanks Tommy, this is good info.

It does seem like they've been directed to give only general excuses and not reveal the specifics of what the hold up is.  Thats just so obviously a stupid thing to do though!  Our feeling ignored/deceived is basically 99% of the problem so why would they create that situation themselves? :sick: