Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322477 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1640 on: 06 August 2013, 18:33 »
I wonder if other trim level cars are being delivered with cameras? :huh:

I was just thinking that myself.

The thing is, other Golfs have much shorter lead times.  So what probably has happened is that Since July no Golf can be ordered with the camera, while those Golfs ordered prior to July have had them fit as standard with the remaining stock.

Meanwhile our GTIs have had other delays and hold ups and no one at VW has thought to put aside any cameras even though the orders have been on their books for 4 months.  Now they've finally got their act together and are ready to build them they can't because there are no cameras and they promised we'd get them as we ordered before July... waaaaaaaaaay before July.  So they just fob us off with unspecified delays.  They can't specify exactly what the problem is because to do so would be to admit they screwed up.  Since there have been big delays anyway they can just prevaricate as usual and we're none the wiser.

The only other explanation is that this is just more of the idiotic allocation nonsense, but how the hell can that explain why orders from April still have no confirmed BW?  How many people could possibly have ordered before us such that after four months they still don't know when our orders will be built?

EDIT:
The weekly update from Lisa is due tomorrow.  If I don't hear that I've got a confirmed BW I'm calling and am not going to be nice this time.  I want to know exactly what the hell is going on.  No more crap about "it will be confirmed next week", they've been peddling that for a month now and its getting old.  If they can't give me a confirmed BW tomorrow I want the exact reason why not!  I probably come across as quite angry on the forum, that's just the internet though... but I am now beginning to lose my temper as I type this!

EDIT2:
The question they need to answer is why can't I (or any of you) have a BW right now?  What is it we're waiting for?  If it is a part is missing then they fcuked up because they've had 4 months to get things ready.  If it is because there is a queue ahead then exactly how many orders did they take before they took mine and how many cars are they making per week?  I don't believe them.  And if this is the only problem then its easy to fix, they can just bring our orders forward to reflect that we've been waiting longer.
« Last Edit: 06 August 2013, 18:43 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1641 on: 06 August 2013, 18:36 »
seems strange that carsystems.pl have mk7 camera kits for sale. if they can get them then why can't VW!! You can't fit some parts of the camera system and then get the dealer to try and fit then when they turn up. I don't even want to go down the retro fit route as it means taking boot panels side trim panels floor panels, dashboard bits apart and that's without cutting into a live feed to get the camera to work. I'm bw36 on my gtd and I've specced the rear camera so I'm expecting to go confirmed at some point this week. my dealer sent me the screen shot this morning with 36 on and my camera on the options list. I may well be the first to get a confirmed build week and have a camera but I'm not holding my breath  :grin:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #1642 on: 06 August 2013, 18:38 »
Kufatec also have them for sale for ยข470. It is an option on all models of Golf but just checked and it's definitely not on the configurator.
Tornado Red GTI 3dr manual

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #1643 on: 06 August 2013, 19:14 »
Like Bill I have been waiting a long time and my patience is starting to wear thin as well.  It's no good keeping us waiting so long and keep putting us back without any set in stone explanation as to why we are waiting the extra time.  I will let you guys know the instant I get a BW confirmed.  I am currently on BW36.  Put back from BW34 last week.  For those of you in a similar position I have listed My cars spec below so you can see what we may have that's similar and may be the one thing that could be holding it all up. 

Oryx White
Rear View Camera
Pro Sat Nav
Dynaudio
Performance Pack
Winter Pack

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #1644 on: 06 August 2013, 19:24 »
I have no optional extras whatsoever ordered as I thought the car was well enough specced as is. I'm currently on 37 unconfirmed, which is where I was when I placed the order on 22 May, although I did move forward to 36 for a while. I doubt I can move back forward, but 37 should get confirmed on Friday perhaps?

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1645 on: 06 August 2013, 19:25 »
Like Bill I have been waiting a long time and my patience is starting to wear thin as well.  It's no good keeping us waiting so long and keep putting us back without any set in stone explanation as to why we are waiting the extra time.  I will let you guys know the instant I get a BW confirmed.  I am currently on BW36.  Put back from BW34 last week.  For those of you in a similar position I have listed My cars spec below so you can see what we may have that's similar and may be the one thing that could be holding it all up. 

Oryx White
Rear View Camera
Pro Sat Nav
Dynaudio
Performance Pack
Winter Pack

Loving your colour choice - welcome to the gang. We're special :D

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #1646 on: 06 August 2013, 19:29 »
My wife even said I was special, especially when my eye's go closer together when I smile  :laugh:

Good to see another Oryx White GTI owner, well future owner.  I thought I may have been the only one mad enough to shell out that much on White paint.  I'm a Graphic Deisgner by trade, so everything has to be just right, or else I cannot cope...  I think it's called being obsessive.

Offline jsybrian

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1647 on: 06 August 2013, 20:00 »
Who has the longest order time not yet confirmed? I am on bw37 unconfirmed and I ordered at the end of March grrrrrr!

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1648 on: 06 August 2013, 20:29 »
I ordered 2nd April and am unconfirmed 36. I'm expecting to go confirmed this week. If I get my car on 1st October as is being discussed with my salesman the its 6 months or 26 weeks wait. Not good from VW at all.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #1649 on: 06 August 2013, 20:31 »
In March 2012, there was a 5 month wait for 1.6 DSGs... it's a bit crap really. Someone said to me that it was due to the Chinese market, but I don't buy it as VW have several factories in China building cars for that market.