Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322523 times)

Offline redgolfgtd

• Not said much yet
  • Golf GTD VII Tornado Red
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1540 on: 31 July 2013, 21:32 »
So busy they bumped mine to 37!!(unconfirmed) Am jealous ;)

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #1541 on: 01 August 2013, 07:22 »
Haven't checked recently but mine was moved from 37 to 36 a few weeks ago. Do we reckon the tracker will change tomorrow?
Tornado Red GTI 3dr manual

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1542 on: 01 August 2013, 07:42 »
Haven't checked recently but mine was moved from 37 to 36 a few weeks ago. Do we reckon the tracker will change tomorrow?

Late Thurs/Early Friday is when most of us here who are confirmed were confirmed in  any given week, so chances are it will be - as long as the administrators of the tracker haven't taken shutdown hols too.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1543 on: 01 August 2013, 10:03 »

Late Thurs/Early Friday is when most of us here who are confirmed were confirmed in  any given week, so chances are it will be - as long as the administrators of the tracker haven't taken shutdown hols too.

In my last call with VW it was implied the shut down may slow confirmations down.

Of course this might be just part of the general excuses and attempts to instil optimism!  I don't think they do it on purpose but every time I've spoken with them they have tried to spin things in an optimistic way, so not getting confirmed this week they want to interpret as a shut down problem, not as another change to the BW.

As usual I'm really hoping the tracker changes soon... hitting 'refresh' ten thousand times and seeing "processing" does tend to destroy your soul. :whistle:

Offline JohnP

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1544 on: 01 August 2013, 10:10 »
I feel your pain Bill  :sad:

I keep hoping that if I keep pressing refresh it will change eventually........

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1545 on: 01 August 2013, 12:12 »

In my last call with VW it was implied the shut down may slow confirmations down.

Of course this might be just part of the general excuses and attempts to instil optimism!  I don't think they do it on purpose but every time I've spoken with them they have tried to spin things in an optimistic way, so not getting confirmed this week they want to interpret as a shut down problem, not as another change to the BW.

As usual I'm really hoping the tracker changes soon... hitting 'refresh' ten thousand times and seeing "processing" does tend to destroy your soul. :whistle:

I think it would be more soul destroying if your number had been confirmed and it reverted back to processing – hopefully that hasn’t happened to anyone yet (assuming allocation/reservation of parts for your build works correctly).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1546 on: 01 August 2013, 17:46 »

I know it's easy for me to say now, but honestly, I stopped bothering checking, and even ignored a few calls that I knew were coming from Customer Services.  When something like this consumes the majority of your thoughts, it kinda' takes away from it all, and so I can understand people considering canceling.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Running Man

« Reply #1547 on: 01 August 2013, 19:00 »

Hey Bill, the admin Lady called me today from JCB VW, no change at their end but still confident that BW36 will take place.  I got the feeling that the Track my Order was a 'nice have' gimmick and not to be taken as gospel by her  :undecided:  anyway I'm feeling a good vibe for us limbo people.

Mystic Meg tells me delivery by........end of September, Mid October latest (don't sue me if I'm wrong)  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 01 August 2013, 19:03 by Running Man »

Offline redgolfgtd

• Not said much yet
  • Golf GTD VII Tornado Red
« Reply #1548 on: 02 August 2013, 20:22 »
 :laugh:Rang VW UK as I was sat in an audi dealer having my car serviced and very board they tell me BW36 confirmed..........fingers crossed thats better than 37 unconfirmed

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #1549 on: 03 August 2013, 09:02 »
A quick call to VW UK yesterday confirmed that my GTi will finally be built next week BW32, when the factory re-opens from its Summer Break (Bumped from BW28).  She (Jane) was confident of a late August, early September delivery... Movement at last!!! September still seems a long way away :sad:
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)