Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322524 times)

Offline ChrisJL

• GTI forum regular
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1530 on: 30 July 2013, 22:53 »
End of September seems optimistic when I'm confirmed week 33 and my dealer recons I won't get mine until mid September. Either mine is overly cautious or yours is very optimistic / telling porkies  :sad:

I'm week 33 too and my dealer is quite confident about a Sept 1st handover. Perhaps yours is looking at worst case scenario for shipping i.e. it gets to Emden via the train within 24 hours of factory release but then sits dockside for 2 weeks at the Emden end and another week at the UK end. My dealer did pull out all the stops for my dad's when it arrived in Tyne Dock, but I don't think he'll have time to give me that treatment if it lands in the UK at the end of August.

Ahh, yes perhaps its maybe just in case it has to wait for the next boat at dock. Hopefully not though, be nice if we can get them in the first week  :smiley: My dealer also 26th of aug as being the start of week 33, but I'm pretty sure its the 12th, so unless he based his delivery on that? but I am 100% confirmed wk 33 and I'm almost certain that's Aug 12th, so no reason why we shouldn't get them first week if they do jump straight onto a boat  :grin:
Collected 10/09/2013: Mk 7 Golf GTI. 3 Door Manual. Tornado Red. Performance Pack. Adaptive Chassis. Winter Pack. Life Shine Protection.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1531 on: 31 July 2013, 07:47 »
My dealer also 26th of aug as being the start of week 33, but I'm pretty sure its the 12th, so unless he based his delivery on that? but I am 100% confirmed wk 33 and I'm almost certain that's Aug 12th, so no reason why we shouldn't get them first week if they do jump straight onto a boat  :grin:

BW33 definitely starts on the 12th.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1532 on: 31 July 2013, 17:40 »
Had another call from VW, this time from Lisa at VWUK rather than the dealer.  She expects those estimated at BW36 to bcome confirmed "in a week... or maybe 2 weeks"

Oh yeah, forgot to say, she also said the reversing camera is not holding things up and if it or anything else was then she would call me immediately.  I guess that is good news for those of us worried about the camera!
« Last Edit: 31 July 2013, 17:43 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline dirvy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1533 on: 31 July 2013, 18:09 »
I'm week 32( next week yay) and dealer talking mid sept.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1534 on: 31 July 2013, 18:21 »
Had another call from VW, this time from Lisa at VWUK rather than the dealer.  She expects those estimated at BW36 to bcome confirmed "in a week... or maybe 2 weeks"

Oh yeah, forgot to say, she also said the reversing camera is not holding things up and if it or anything else was then she would call me immediately.  I guess that is good news for those of us worried about the camera!

What she didn't tell you is that your keyless, ACC and sunroof are all hold-up items now.  :whistle:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1535 on: 31 July 2013, 18:23 »
I'm week 32( next week yay) and dealer talking mid sept.

If they're very slow with delivery then it could be mid Sept - you'd be talking about 4 weeks to deliver it if that's the case. Considering how quickly it moves to Emden from Wolfsburg on the train, the rest of the journey seems a complete piss-take.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #1536 on: 31 July 2013, 18:25 »

Seeing as I am now Build Week 36 unconfirmed, thanks for the heads up Bill, the update on the situation is appreciated. I was getting a little concerned about the whole situation.  Will watch the Tracker with baited breath and hope to god I will see Build Week Confirmed soon. 

Offline JohnP

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1537 on: 31 July 2013, 20:43 »
I'm on unconfirmed build week 36 too and vw told me yesterday that they expect it to remain at bw36 now.
I have the reversing camera option and it didn't appear that this was an issue
Fingers (and everything else) crossed,,,,,,

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1538 on: 31 July 2013, 20:56 »
My estimated week has come forward to 36 from 39 again! Dealer reckons it'll most likely go confirmed when Wolfsburg get going again?? ::)
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1539 on: 31 July 2013, 21:16 »
looks like they'll be busy in week 36 as mines due to be built then too  :grin:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.