Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322480 times)

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1500 on: 30 July 2013, 12:46 »
I have just checked my Build Week status with my dealer after noticing some Build Week 35's being confirmed, even though I was Build Week 34 Unconfirmed.  I have now been told I am moved back to Build Week 36.  This is all starting to grate on my patience. I am usually very patient.  But the case of uncertainty followed by disappointment of further delays just kills all excitement I first had.  :sad:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1501 on: 30 July 2013, 12:49 »
I have just checked my Build Week status with my dealer after noticing some Build Week 35's being confirmed, even though I was Build Week 34 Unconfirmed.  I have now been told I am moved back to Build Week 36.  This is all starting to grate on my patience. I am usually very patient.  But the case of uncertainty followed by disappointment of further delays just kills all excitement I first had.  :sad:

When did you place your order?  I've been waiting since mid April and some even longer....  :cry:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline domrees

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1502 on: 30 July 2013, 13:06 »
That's pretty harsh Bill.

If you really don't value the letter of apology or the vouchers then perhaps you would be better donating them to a charity of some sort? I'm sure they would gratefully accept them.

Seems to me that whatever they did you would not be too happy about it!
3dr Manual in Pure White with PP, Dynaudio, Nav and Keyless. Oh and a service pack.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1503 on: 30 July 2013, 13:08 »

If you really don't value the letter of apology or the vouchers then perhaps you would be better donating them to a charity of some sort? I'm sure they would gratefully accept them.

to be fair domrees, bill ordered early April - and still hasn't got a confirmed BW.  So not harsh at all IMO.  £50 vouchers is p!ss poor and more of a slap in the face than anything else.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline RikWebb

• Here all the time
  • Like tears in rain....
« Reply #1504 on: 30 July 2013, 13:15 »

LOL = I think giving Bill his car might make him happy - that's all he wants!
MK7.5 GTD DSG Isaac Blue 5Dr - 19" Santiago's / Nav Pro / Pano Roof / Keyless / Rear Camera / Mobile Wireless charger
Ordered 22/09/2017 - BW confirmed as 23/10/2017

Previous
MK7 GTD Ordered - May 16th 2013 - Tornado Red, Discover Pro Nav - Promised 16 week delivery - HA!
191 Days = 27 Weeks from order to delivery

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1505 on: 30 July 2013, 13:18 »
I dunno whether its harsh or not.  Is it accurate is the question?  I've not been offered any vouchers anyway.  If its true they are something like £50 off a holiday, or some other offer, then that's just the facts.  Seems to me if that is harsh then its an indictment of VW not of me. :wink:

Perhaps I'm rushing to judge.  I've not had good experiences with companies offering these kings of gestures.  More often than not it seems to be more of a bribe to avoid a further complaint.  BT recently had me take a day off work and wait for an engineer at home only for the engineer to not turn up.  I called them and literally this was the response "Oh yes, we changed the appointment last week and it seems the engineer forgot to tell you."  I complained and after weeks of them fobbing me off I was eventually offered "£10 compensation".  It is experiences like these that make me assume the worst.

I'm gonna go have lunch and calm down now.  And try hard not to call BMW.

Offline domrees

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1506 on: 30 July 2013, 13:29 »
It's £50 leisure vouchers to use on high st, hotels etc.  It will pay for a family meal or entrance to London Zoo or something. Not extravagant but still a nice gesture.

I would say the weak link in your chain was ordering via a broker. Sounds like you are one of the unfortunate ones that have to wait longer (as per my previous post, waiting for the order batch to build up).

But on the flip side you most likely got a higher level of discount than I did.

All is fair is love, war, and ordering new VWs
3dr Manual in Pure White with PP, Dynaudio, Nav and Keyless. Oh and a service pack.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1507 on: 30 July 2013, 13:33 »
But the case of uncertainty followed by disappointment of further delays just kills all excitement I first had.  :sad:

My real excitement died off about 6 weeks ago. My Scirocco is keeping me happy at the moment. If you stick with BW36 then you should see your build confirmed on the tracker Thurs or Fri this week (I got confirmed 4 production weeks and a few days before the week, so end of BW31 should do it).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1508 on: 30 July 2013, 14:13 »
I would say the weak link in your chain was ordering via a broker. Sounds like you are one of the unfortunate ones that have to wait longer (as per my previous post, waiting for the order batch to build up).

But on the flip side you most likely got a higher level of discount than I did.

All is fair is love, war, and ordering new VWs

And as per my previous post the car was ordered immediately, there is no batch.  I didn't get a better discount than people have got privately either.

I'm not sure what you are suggesting is fair here?  Are you suggesting the ~24 weeks (and still might be longer) wait is fair?  Or are you suggesting because you failed to get a discount that those of us with ever lengthening delays can't complain?  I fail to see how the two are linked to be honest. :huh:

Anyway, I'm glad you are happy with your vouchers.  Unfortunately I can neither be happy nor unhappy with them as I haven't been offered any. :whistle:

Offline SF-GTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1509 on: 30 July 2013, 14:20 »
My letter of apology and £50 of vouchers just dropped through the door from VW.  I've never complained about the wait to either my dealer, or VW.  This suggests to me that VW are working through the impacted customers and so I hope this means everyone in the same position gets an equal gesture.

I see there's been debate about the value of such a gesture, but I'm pleased they have done this.  If they were only doing it for people who had complained then I'd have an issue with inconsistent service.

I suppose everyone will have an opinion of whether £50 is reasonable, but for me I have not been financially inconvenienced by this delay so I'm fine with the level of gesture they have made.