Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322575 times)

Offline RikWebb

• Here all the time
  • Like tears in rain....
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1400 on: 18 July 2013, 00:14 »
as I was told and I quote ”you'll get your car when you get your car and when we say so ”

and the flip side "I'm the customer, I want my car and I want it now!"  :whistle:

I've not heard anyone on here say that (except in jest).  The contention is two fold:

1. Estimates given before ordering have now proven to be wildly optimistic, further, VW seem unable or unwilling to proved revised estimates of any degree of accuracy.  Essentially this amounts to saying there is a delay of unknown length on our orders.

2. The sequence of orders moving to build confirmed has no relation to the order date, thus while some wait and wait and wait for an undetermined period of time others place new orders which get served first.

Both of the above are legitimate issues.  Saying "it's ready when its ready" is discourteous and extremely bad customer relations practice.

Exactly - there are 2 sides to the deal - A customer and a provider - we all know we will have to wait and that there could be delay's - that's a given!
BUT the main point is - whatever happened to customer service in this country?
If I was told by anyone within VW or its dealers ”you'll get your car when you get your car and when we say so ” - I would be making some serious waves through their organisation.
After all most companies are built on their reputation, why would they want to tarnish that?

Rik - currently in charge of a large bottle of Cidre :) chilling, waiting for a confirmed build date......
MK7.5 GTD DSG Isaac Blue 5Dr - 19" Santiago's / Nav Pro / Pano Roof / Keyless / Rear Camera / Mobile Wireless charger
Ordered 22/09/2017 - BW confirmed as 23/10/2017

Previous
MK7 GTD Ordered - May 16th 2013 - Tornado Red, Discover Pro Nav - Promised 16 week delivery - HA!
191 Days = 27 Weeks from order to delivery

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1401 on: 18 July 2013, 00:54 »
Rik - currently in charge of a large bottle of Cidre :) chilling, waiting for a confirmed build date......

Ahhh, that's the best way to wait! :cool:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1402 on: 18 July 2013, 07:54 »

Ahhh, that's the best way to wait! :cool:

How big is the bottle, to be lasting 5 months?  :rolleyes:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1403 on: 18 July 2013, 08:14 »
VW Germany would be horrified to hear discourteous dialogue to their customers being bandied about (but not enough to interfere in VW UK’s workings and get them to sort themselves out). Unfortunately for us, VW UK don’t really care. They have a strong brand loyalty (my GTD will be my 7th brand new VW), and while they keep making great cars people will keep coming and buying them even if they have to put up with sh!te customer service.

VW are the architects of the GTI and GTD supply trickling through with their allocation ordering structure. Order pretty much any Golf model except these 2 and you will have it within 13 weeks.

With the apparent effect that allocation has on delivery time, I’d be seeking out a dealership that has the fewest orders in for GTI/GTD in to date to minimise my wait if I was about to order one. Should you really have to do that? Being first in the queue at your chosen dealership is no guarantee of being first to receive your car, as I myself have found out.
The differences in customer care between VW Germany and VW UK are like night and day.

It’s amazing how arrogant some organizations can be when they’re providing something where demand outstrips supply. Before the housing crash we were looking at a new build house in a local new estate and they were selling so well that the arrogant lass on the sales desk for the estate wouldn’t give us the time of day if we hadn’t already sold our house, even though a part-ex was supposedly an accessible option. 2 months later and the market crashed. That woman plagued us for months to try and persuade us to buy once the good times has dissipated. Unfortunately for us I don’t think VW UK will ever have enough of a bad spell to dissipate their apathy for their customers.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1404 on: 18 July 2013, 09:32 »
BUT the main point is - whatever happened to customer service in this country?

That's a whole different question and needs its own thread  :grin:

UK - worst customer service there is (in terms of everything!)
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Neil_MK

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1405 on: 18 July 2013, 09:40 »
Does anyone actually know exactly when the factory shutdown is? I'm a confirmed BW28 but still not showing as 'In Transit' on the tracker.  I've had conflicting advice that BW28 is w/c 8/7 or w/c 15/7.  Surely they wouldn't build the car then delay shipping until after the factory shutdown?  :cry:
Rejected - MK7 Golf GTI 5dr - Pure White - Hailstorm damaged (Ordered 24th April)
Rebuild on order - MK7 Golf GTI 5dr - Pure White - this time with Performance Pack - Confirmed BW40 (no hailstorms this time please!)

Offline simoor

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1406 on: 18 July 2013, 09:56 »
Neil_MK - My car was phase 5 in the build progress on Monday, today my car is now 'in transit'. VW told my dealer that all cars in production before shutdown will be completed using skeleton staff.

My car was also build WK28

Offline Neil_MK

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1407 on: 18 July 2013, 10:14 »
Thanks Simoor, that's reassuring to hear.  I'll carry on hitting refresh on the order tracker page then!
Rejected - MK7 Golf GTI 5dr - Pure White - Hailstorm damaged (Ordered 24th April)
Rebuild on order - MK7 Golf GTI 5dr - Pure White - this time with Performance Pack - Confirmed BW40 (no hailstorms this time please!)

Offline redpoppies

• Just got here
« Reply #1408 on: 18 July 2013, 10:28 »

I ordered a 5 door DSG with leather and ACC on 10/4/2013. The order notification commitment date was 1/7/2013.

The VW tracker is now showing as "build week confirmed" and my dealer has said their system and VW UK systems show the build week as 33, w/c 12/8/2013
« Last Edit: 18 July 2013, 10:35 by redpoppies »

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1409 on: 18 July 2013, 10:30 »
Thanks Simoor, that's reassuring to hear.  I'll carry on hitting refresh on the order tracker page then!

BW28 commenced 8/7.  And the tracker has been known to lag by a day or two on the arrival side so possibly the same is true when going to in transit too.