Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322560 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1240 on: 02 July 2013, 15:01 »
Bill: If you are week 35, I would be expecting a tracker update very shortly, like next Thursday?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1241 on: 02 July 2013, 15:04 »
Bill: If you are week 35, I would be expecting a tracker update very shortly, like next Thursday?

I fully expect a change next Thursday for the BW35 people.  If it doesn't come I'd give it another few days before I start to panic though! :grin: heh heh

Offline tommygund

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1242 on: 02 July 2013, 19:02 »
Tracker down/updating. You never know!

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1243 on: 02 July 2013, 19:06 »

I fully expect a change next Thursday for the BW35 people.  If it doesn't come I'd give it another few days before I start to panic though! :grin: heh heh

Just to save you panicking and going mental Bear, last Thursday I checked the tracker at about 11.30pm and it was processing - it wasn't until I checked at 8am on Friday morning that it had actually changed!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1244 on: 02 July 2013, 22:15 »
For us 35ers wouldn't it be more like the end of july to change to confirmed? Roughly 4-5 weeks before?
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #1245 on: 02 July 2013, 22:22 »
Hi all. My first post on here. I have Gti ordered with build week 28. Dealer has assured me I will get delivery by July 24th. Order info is 6mf, CSG, 5 door. Bi xenon. Austin wheels(both not standard in Ireland) and phone prep. I ordered May 1st.
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1246 on: 02 July 2013, 23:25 »
For us 35ers wouldn't it be more like the end of july to change to confirmed? Roughly 4-5 weeks before?

When I spoke to VWUK last week they said they were "on BW33 this week, so I should see confirmed BW in 1 or 2 weeks tops."

See http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=252146.msg2349668#msg2349668 for more detail on that call.

I'll let you decide how much to trust that! :tongue: I'm hopeful though.
« Last Edit: 02 July 2013, 23:27 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1247 on: 03 July 2013, 10:57 »

When I spoke to VWUK last week they said they were "on BW33 this week, so I should see confirmed BW in 1 or 2 weeks tops."

See http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=252146.msg2349668#msg2349668 for more detail on that call.

I'll let you decide how much to trust that! :tongue: I'm hopeful though.

Fingers crossed it's right then!  :tongue:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #1248 on: 03 July 2013, 22:06 »
Mines now in the UK.
Hope to pick it up at the weekend/early next week.

:drool:
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1249 on: 04 July 2013, 11:00 »
Lisa from VW called, apparently to reply to my email from last week.  She wasn't aware I'd already got bored waiting and called to speak to one of her colleagues. :evil:

Anyway, she says last time we spoke (2-3 weeks ago) my BW was changing between 37 and 39 and she doesn't want to give me an update as it will probably just change again :undecided:.  Again repeated that the dealer is checking it all the time and again that the dealer will call me as soon as there is something to report.

This was a very different conversation to the last one I had with one of her colleagues.  It was evasive, not providing any firm information.  The other girl I spoke too was much more convincing.  She said she'd have to make some enquires and would call back in 45mins, which she did, then told me I'm on unconfirmed 35 and can expect a confirmation within 2 weeks.  Interestingly Lisa's parting shot was also that I might expect a confirmation within 2 weeks.  That suggests to me she can also see I'm sitting on 35, but she's decided not to tell me anything until its all confirmed so it doesn't then change and get me upset or something?!?  I'm not sure what they are afraid of, being sued?

This idea about not giving any info until it is certain is all very well for VW, making their lives easy and everything.  But its a real pain in the neck for their customers.  Having no idea when the car is being made is annoying, and knowing there will be a confirmation doesn't help because that confirmation is also at some unknown future point... :angry:  I'd rather they just be straight about things.  We're all perfectly capable of coping with information that is uncertain.

Anyway, I remain convinced I'm on BW35 despite this conversation which didn't really give me any information at all...