Author Topic: MK6 Golf  (Read 2285 times)

Offline Gloves88

• I live here
Re: MK6 Golf
« Reply #20 on: 08 August 2008, 08:39 »
the front lights from that side view looks like a celica gt4
but apparantly they got a 265bhp engine any 1 no if its a new engine or just a old one developed

"there is a new range of petrol and diesel engines.  The new 108bhp 2.0-litre TDI common-rail diesel emits just 119g/km of CO2 but will return 62.7mpg, while other diesel variants produce 89, 138 and 168bhp.

For now, four other petrol engines complete the line-up, but there has yet to be any announcement on the GTI or expected R36 hot hatches."

It says "R36" there but i think thats a typo on the website should be "R32" - unless....

I think as with most cars it will prob grow on me. Didnt really like the mk5 when it came out but think it looks fine now.

So we getting  a mk6 section? or will it be a mk5/6 section  :tongue:

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #21 on: 09 August 2008, 10:33 »
I think the MK6 section will be dead for a while if it was created  :grin: and the only posts in there would be of how crap it looks etc etc and just general negativity about the new model.

Oh and why stick to the R32 V6? why not go bigger with a R36  :evil:
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline Neil-MkVGTI

• Not said much yet
  • Who Needs Brakes !!!
« Reply #22 on: 09 August 2008, 22:43 »
Looks rubbish and a backward step from the Mk5.  Old A8 alloys and rear lights from a Honda Prelude. 

I won't be pre-ordering ...