Author Topic: JAPCRAP  (Read 2386 times)

kells

Re: JAPCRAP
« Reply #10 on: 26 April 2008, 15:42 »
exactly - he makes no claim to beating it just looking cooler. and the fact the typr r will probably have been scrappped in 19 years time!

i never said he did, did i?? i just said he is dreaming if he thinks he would, which im sure if we are all been honest here is just the truth, and personally i dont think it would be scrapped in 19 years unless it gets written off bla bla bla, they are built really well, i have a 19 year old jap car...its in better condition than most vw's i see of the same age so i dont really buy that one...

dont get why people take things to heart so much :rolleyes: :grin:

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 26 April 2008, 15:52 »
I with kells on this one... and i think they type-r looks amazin too...
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 26 April 2008, 17:43 »
The type R's are too much work IMO all the work needs to be done at the top end of the rev range. The new Type R looks like Cylon interceptors, but didn't impress me when I drove one.
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 26 April 2008, 18:03 »
Chap my bro works with has a new shape Type R and he's been back to the stealer's 11 times, it hasnt stopped f@cking up ! I was supprised to hear that about a Honda !

Offline hobbiniho

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 26 April 2008, 18:45 »
Chap my bro works with has a new shape Type R and he's been back to the stealer's 11 times, it hasnt stopped f@cking up ! I was supprised to hear that about a Honda !

as im sure you are well aware even the most expensive computers crash sometimes and usually the more high tech they are the more often they crash  :laugh: :rolleyes:

Offline mark3valver

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 27 April 2008, 18:44 »
I don't think you can call a civic type R jap crap!!!! they are amazing cars, awesome to drive and not bad looking... only thing Im not keen on is that the exterior bits are just stuck on to a normal civic.... you can see where they have just stuck a bit onto the bumpers to make it look sporty, which is a bit cheapish if you ask me.

you can see what I mean here...

want a pair of raceland buckets with model specific subframes for £150 delivered? go here

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=83910.0

Offline DazVR6

• I live here
  • mk3 VR6...FEEL THE GRUNT.
« Reply #16 on: 27 April 2008, 18:59 »
Really like these civic's although ive never driven one, the older shape in the pic from last post looks really nice. I think jap cars are awesome, especially r32 skylines, my bro-inlaw has a gts-t and that kicks ass.

Don't know why people are always generally jap bashing, each to their own i say, if it makes you happy and suits your needs then go for it.

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 28 April 2008, 14:35 »
I don't think you can call a civic type R jap crap!!!! they are amazing cars, awesome to drive and not bad looking... only thing Im not keen on is that the exterior bits are just stuck on to a normal civic.... you can see where they have just stuck a bit onto the bumpers to make it look sporty, which is a bit cheapish if you ask me.

you can see what I mean here...

Not the best example though is it!?

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #18 on: 28 April 2008, 15:03 »
I know a few folks with these, a couple of the earlier ones and one new one. They all rate them very highly for fun factor on empty B roads but they all also say it's a hard car to live with on the daily trek etc. If I was offered one for free I'd take it but as a dubber I wouldn't part with my hard earned for one. I'd rather have the engine and put it something more fun like a mini or an ariel atom and have that as a toy.

All pie in the sky stuff though as my car budget is normally around the £500 mark, going to be a few years till Type R's come down to my level, ha ha.

Nick

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #19 on: 28 April 2008, 15:37 »
the old 1.6 civic type r's are cool (EG?), but the newer ones just look sh!t. im sure they are nice to drive fast though