Author Topic: MK 5 R32 Review  (Read 34536 times)

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
Re: MK 5 R32 Review
« Reply #150 on: 29 February 2008, 14:45 »
dunno about the trim, although im not a fan of that silver stuff anyway so i wont miss it :grin:

Mike it was this time last week i went up there to see it for the first time, we probably walked right past eachother lol

Offline Manu_R32

• I live here
« Reply #151 on: 29 February 2008, 14:50 »
Topher...i envy u  :angry: Just jokes mate...enjoy it whilst my count down carries on well...down i guess lol

OSIR Front Splitter - OSIR Rear Diffuser - RNS 510 - JL Audio Cleansweep - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - 3.2 V6 of Pure Power!

Offline MikeGTI

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #152 on: 29 February 2008, 15:48 »
dunno about the trim, although im not a fan of that silver stuff anyway so i wont miss it :grin:

Mike it was this time last week i went up there to see it for the first time, we probably walked right past eachother lol

Well if you fancy a bit of a blast on the Warwickshire highways give me a shout

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
« Reply #153 on: 29 February 2008, 16:01 »
Im dying to go to an R32 meet!
R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #154 on: 29 February 2008, 18:08 »
Good Good, im sure you are mega excited! Cant wait to hear what you think about the car, especially after coming from a GTI. Can I just add, as your R is brand new you will not believe the difference in her once it is loosened up. Mine now has 20k miles on it and she is so much quicker. I know a VW dealer and he let me drive one a few weeks ago with 2k miles on it, just so I could do a good comparision. It honestly felt mine had an extra 30bhp. My point is, dont expect the rush of power you get from a turbo, just watch the speedo lol and allow the engine time to bed in.

Oh, and I drove mine to the limit from the day I got it and I believe it is now quicker for doing so.
I agree!! Its the only way to get the best from it. Once its warm... blast it!!

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
« Reply #155 on: 01 March 2008, 18:12 »
Looks nice Topher :) Does this mean you'll get lost in the mk5 forum and not come out!

Probably got lost in the "Great Crash of 08

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #156 on: 01 March 2008, 18:39 »
what, and deny the rest of the forum my kind and charming words? no fcking chance :grin:

TeddyKGB

« Reply #157 on: 01 March 2008, 22:40 »
Stunnin mate :laugh: Got any plans for it?

i thought i recognised the pose of those pics, i too almost bought a GTI from Tollbar (yes all that way)

Hurry up and get sum pics sorted :thumbsup:

Offline Kermit

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #158 on: 14 March 2008, 11:08 »
Bloody hell... I nearly bought a GTI from Tollbar Warwick too (they seem to get a lot of GTI's and R32s in - they should be a VW dealer!).  Apparently they had just taken over the Ferrari Maranello dealerships and the sales guys theres had full spec GTI's.  I was after a black one with a load of options - this one also had satnav too plus leather, lux, winter blah blah. The car was still at Maranello so I had no way of viewing it (but Tollbar still advertised it!) - booked the morning off work to go look at it once it was confirmed as in (115 miles from here) and I had a call saying it was sold over the phone the night before - good job I rang up to check else I would have been a bit pi$$ed if drove all that way for nothing. They did have another one but it was 5 door  :angry:
2007 GTI, Steel Grey, DSG with Paddle, Leather, 18" Monza, Xenons, Lux and Winter Pack, iPod, Tints

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #159 on: 14 March 2008, 11:19 »
I nipped in and bought the R' the day before someone was driving over from Wales to view it :lipsrsealed:

To really rub salt in the wound he was only coming to see that one because they sold the 3 door silver one that he wanted the day before i got there :laugh:

It's not just vw's though, my new toy was parked between a lotus exige and a 997 911 turbo, with a db9 behind it for good measure! Some top-end stuff down there.