Author Topic: Volkswagen App  (Read 1361 times)

Offline jharar

• Not said much yet
Volkswagen App
« on: 09 October 2023, 19:59 »
I am getting my Golf r 7.5 in Tornado Red tomorrow..

In my current C300 I have an app on my phone from which I can see the location of my car and change few settings and open close the windows check the fuel current Mileage etc.

Is there an app for the Golf r.....

I know there is volkswagen app but does it do the same sort of things for the Golf..
Anyone of you use the app??

Thanks.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
Re: Volkswagen App
« Reply #1 on: 09 October 2023, 20:13 »
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline The_Doc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 09 October 2023, 20:23 »
Not sure there is for the 7.5, I know my GTI didn’t have one back in 2018.
Current - MK8 CS - Dolphin Grey, DCC, Black Estoril, Rear Camera, Sunroof, Winter Pack, Harmon Kardon

Previous and sorely missed - MK7.5 GTI Perf, Indium Grey, Brescias, Art Velours, Rear Camera

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 09 October 2023, 20:34 »
Deffo on the 7.5, currently We Connect moving to the new (and worse IMO) Volkswagen App.
Follow the various recent posts on Apps.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline The_Doc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 09 October 2023, 20:38 »
Must not be all 7.5s, like I said my 2018 GTI didn’t come with WeConnect sadly.
Current - MK8 CS - Dolphin Grey, DCC, Black Estoril, Rear Camera, Sunroof, Winter Pack, Harmon Kardon

Previous and sorely missed - MK7.5 GTI Perf, Indium Grey, Brescias, Art Velours, Rear Camera

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 09 October 2023, 20:42 »
Must not be all 7.5s, like I said my 2018 GTI didn’t come with WeConnect sadly.

Strange, mine was ordered in Jun 2018 and delivered 6 months later (got caught in the WLTP fiasco).
TBH, don’t think it’s the end of the world if you can’t get it

Offline jharar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 09 October 2023, 22:07 »
I know it's not end of the world  :grin:

I am so use to using the app to check the location of the car open close the windows or even check the car Locks..

I had this in my old 2014 BMW it was controlled via app, If this 2019 Golf r is not I will be surprised..
Well will find out tomorrow  :grin:

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 09 October 2023, 22:19 »
It’s a bit clunky, my mate has a 22 plate BMW 1 series App on that is more feature rich and polished (or so it seems on the few occasions I’ve messed with it.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 10 October 2023, 06:07 »
It’s a bit clunky, my mate has a 22 plate BMW 1 series App on that is more feature rich and polished (or so it seems on the few occasions I’ve messed with it.

Yes, the BMW one I had was way better than VW’s and less of a faff to do the initial set up to boot.
After I sold the car (2019 F40 M135i X) I could still unlock it remotely 170 miles away in a dealer!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner