Author Topic: GTi Clubsport - 18" wheels > 19" wheels  (Read 35668 times)

Offline Acegadget

• Not said much yet
  • MK8 Clubsport Dolphin Grey
Re: GTi Clubsport - 18" wheels > 19" wheels
« Reply #80 on: 14 May 2021, 23:24 »
Well looks like I will be going with Bola FLE with Michelin 4S. Will order next month after I have picked the car up
Golf History 4 x MK2, 2 x MK3, 2 x MK4, 2 x MK5, 1 x MK6, 1 MK7 & MK8 Clubsport

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #81 on: 16 May 2021, 13:02 »
Mak Polaris or Wolf

Decent Italian made wheels, can usually be sourced to take original VW bolts and even centre caps too, plus correctly drilled to 57.1mm CB

https://www.makwheels.it/en-ww/volkswagen-golf-viii-cd-2020-19-alloy-wheels-1.aspx

I think they still have a configurator option on the website and in German too.

My usual commission rates apply...  :whistle:

Thanks, I will have a look at this as the Brock 38 is actually now out of stock without delivery time and it’s better to have a direct replacement wheel with same size as manufacturers specifications otherwise I would have o pay extra €200 for a TÜV assessment.

The wheel I actually prefer are the Adelaide but they are going for between  €2200  and €2500 which is higher than my budget of €1600 as my car is on lease for 2years. I don’t want to invest so much on the wheels in case I can’t get good money back on them after end of my leasing
ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #82 on: 16 May 2021, 14:32 »
Well looks like I will be going with Bola FLE with Michelin 4S. Will order next month after I have picked the car up

You going 45 or 48 offset? They’re on my shortlist too

Offline Acegadget

• Not said much yet
  • MK8 Clubsport Dolphin Grey
« Reply #83 on: 16 May 2021, 15:45 »

You going 45 or 48 offset? They’re on my shortlist too

I think I will contact them and see what they recommend as would rather have it that I don’t need spacers
Still deciding on finish
Golf History 4 x MK2, 2 x MK3, 2 x MK4, 2 x MK5, 1 x MK6, 1 MK7 & MK8 Clubsport

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #84 on: 16 May 2021, 16:21 »
If some of my commute wasn’t like the Somme I’d definitely be open to getting a set of Brock 38’s when my Chinese pig iron Reifnitz disintegrate.
Nice and OEM styled, OEM compatible fittings and decently light.

I have a set of 18” RC Design RC32’s on my Polo GTI+ (RC Design is a Brock brand). They’re also reasonably light at around 10kg a corner and were a straight swap for the OEM alloys - same size / offset, centre bore of 57.1 so no need for spigot rings, and they use the OEM fittings too. The one negative is the VW centre caps don’t fit so I currently have the RC Design centre caps fitted. I might try and find a set of domed stick on VW emblems, but I don’t mind the RC Design caps.

Available in Ferric Grey, Satin Black or Himalaya Grey with diamond cut face. I went for Ferric Grey as I don’t like diamond cut alloys for the reasons stated in my earlier post in this thread, and I prefer grey alloys to black. I would’ve preferred it if the grey option was a slightly darker grey as IMHO they’re more of a dark sliver, but they hide the dirt well and being a simple design they’re easy to clean.

the RC-Design RC32 really looks Nice on your Polo they also have it in 19 inches too for the GTI and about €100 cheaper than Brock 38 and i might consider it

ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #85 on: 18 May 2021, 12:12 »
The one negative is the VW centre caps don’t fit so I currently have the RC Design centre caps fitted. I might try and find a set of domed stick on VW emblems, but I don’t mind the RC Design caps.

They look great on the car  :cool:

It looks like domed stickers may well sit on the caps ok due to the shape of them, worth a punt as they’re quite cheap.
What diameter are the caps?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #86 on: 18 May 2021, 12:23 »
The one negative is the VW centre caps don’t fit so I currently have the RC Design centre caps fitted. I might try and find a set of domed stick on VW emblems, but I don’t mind the RC Design caps.

They look great on the car  :cool:

It looks like domed stickers may well sit on the caps ok due to the shape of them, worth a punt as they’re quite cheap.
What diameter are the caps?

Thanks Exonian. The centre caps are 60mm diameter.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Sean G

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #87 on: 18 May 2021, 19:15 »
Thinking of going for a Edition 45 but don’t like the wheels
Heres few i have looked at that seem more appealing but would need to check the specifics of each to see what would work

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #88 on: 18 May 2021, 20:15 »
I decided to stick to my 18 inches for now as no OEM size wheels except Brock B38 with 8.00x 19 ET50 that fits the GTI in Germany at the moment without any further TÜV inspection but unfortunately there is no deliveries for Brock B38 until about 2 months. so, I started showing love to my Richmond 18s
ordered on 30/09/2020 

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #89 on: 18 May 2021, 20:34 »
I'm in the same position regarding the 45, don't think I can live with those red accents on the wheels.

As it has 19's as standard hopefully there will be some I can just swap out without any problem, don't know if the selection will be better than a CS as that has 18's as standard or if it makes any difference at all.

8J X 19" Scottsdale I'm sure I read somewhere ET50 but can't find it now.
GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7