Author Topic: My lil mk4 Golf GTI thread...  (Read 133670 times)

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
Re: My lil Golf GTI thread...
« Reply #201 on: 15 November 2008, 16:03 »
Next up on my list of tihngs to do is tyres for my new wheels, and US spec rear lights.  It'll have to look like a 4x4 for a while until I get some springs.

Then I'll get the ARB and bushes sorted, and probably get some Eibach springs fitted at the same time.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #202 on: 15 November 2008, 16:06 »
have you actually got your front ARB now Bob as i noticed there was a few cock ups on the group buy on Eibach's part  :undecided:

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #203 on: 15 November 2008, 16:22 »
No, end of November apparently!  I'm not impressed.  I told Damien to ask Eibach to give us a further discount for all the trouble they've caused, but he won't do it.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #204 on: 15 November 2008, 16:25 »
No, end of November apparently!  I'm not impressed.  I told Damien to ask Eibach to give us a further discount for all the trouble they've caused, but he won't do it.

fecking hell - thats been going on for nearly two months or so now hasn't it??  :angry:

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #205 on: 15 November 2008, 16:29 »
Yeah, I've been waiting two months for my ARB now.  Considering I was only saving a small amount of money, it's an utter joke on Eibach's part!

If It doesn't come by the end of November I've said I want a refund.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #206 on: 15 November 2008, 16:31 »
Yeah, I've been waiting two months for my ARB now.  Considering I was only saving a small amount of money, it's an utter joke on Eibach's part!

If It doesn't come by the end of November I've said I want a refund.

that is pretty crap mate  :angry:

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #207 on: 15 November 2008, 16:34 »
The only up side is I don't need the ARB yet, MOT isn't until February I believe.  Then I just need what, £125 for the springs.  £250 for some tyres, then it's going to be about £500 to get everything fitted!

Gonna take the car to the MOT with the rear brakes as they are, as I think VW were lying when they said they would fail, there's LOADS of pad and disc left.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #208 on: 15 November 2008, 16:39 »
The only up side is I don't need the ARB yet, MOT isn't until February I believe.  Then I just need what, £125 for the springs.  £250 for some tyres, then it's going to be about £500 to get everything fitted!

Gonna take the car to the MOT with the rear brakes as they are, as I think VW were lying when they said they would fail, there's LOADS of pad and disc left.

£500 to get everything fitted??? i'd shop around mate - ARB is probably a couple of hours and the springs are around 30 minutes per corner

don't pay £500 whatever you do!!! have you got a quote from Awesome??

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #209 on: 15 November 2008, 16:42 »

£500 to get everything fitted??? i'd shop around mate - ARB is probably a couple of hours and the springs are around 30 minutes per corner

don't pay £500 whatever you do!!! have you got a quote from Awesome??

That's based on using Awesome mate.  They want about £270 just to replace the bushes, or £470 to replace bushes and ARB.  I can get the price down a bit as I'm supplying my own ARB, but then I need to add on the cost of fitting springs.  Plus I need four tyres fitting and balancing.