Author Topic: My GTi daily  (Read 8029 times)

Offline Furiokid

• Not said much yet
Re: My GTi daily
« Reply #20 on: 16 February 2011, 18:10 »
Well my 4motion front splitter has now arrived, just need to smooth it off and then colour code it along with my rear one  :tongue:

Also got myself a new boost gauge is i've now got plumbed and wired in. I'll try and get some pics up soon

Offline Furiokid

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 04 April 2011, 00:23 »
Thought I'd just post up a lil bit of an update

Treated myself to these this week

After a quick trial fitting

And today i've got them all stripped down ready for refurb. I'm currently waiting on a quote to have the wheels welded and redrilled from 5x120 to 5x100   :drool:

Offline CCGTI

• I live here
  • Fueled Society
« Reply #22 on: 04 April 2011, 10:59 »
nice what wheels are they

Offline Furiokid

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 04 April 2011, 13:19 »
they're 17" BMW BBS RC's  :drool:

Offline Furiokid

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 07 April 2011, 22:17 »
Took a roadtrip too hertfordshire today and dropped off my wheel centers with Voodoo motorsport to be redrilled. Apparently gonna take a week or two, but have to have i've been really impressed with their knowledge and how helpful they've been so far  :smiley:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #25 on: 07 April 2011, 22:35 »
Took a roadtrip too hertfordshire today and dropped off my wheel centers with Voodoo motorsport to be redrilled. Apparently gonna take a week or two, but have to have i've been really impressed with their knowledge and how helpful they've been so far  :smiley:
good things come to those who wait.. or so people say... will be worth it, you leaving the BM caps on or changing them?

Offline Furiokid

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 07 April 2011, 23:06 »
yeah i know i'm no rush for them, want them doing right lol. i'm gonna see about changing the BM center caps, seen some carbon fibre BBS ones on ebay, otherwise may just the BM ones vinyled in carbon fibre, will see once resprayed

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #27 on: 07 April 2011, 23:17 »
yeah i know i'm no rush for them, want them doing right lol. i'm gonna see about changing the BM center caps, seen some carbon fibre BBS ones on ebay, otherwise may just the BM ones vinyled in carbon fibre, will see once resprayed

You doing them back to their original colour?

Offline Furiokid

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 07 April 2011, 23:30 »
no unfortunately the having the wheel centers redrilled is costing enough, so refurbing these myself, and the edges of the rims were quite badly curbed, so i've tidied them up with some chemical metal, but these means i can't have the dishes polished as they were, so thinking of respraying the dish and the center two different colours, but now sure what colours to go for yet

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #29 on: 07 April 2011, 23:33 »
no unfortunately the having the wheel centers redrilled is costing enough, so refurbing these myself, and the edges of the rims were quite badly curbed, so i've tidied them up with some chemical metal, but these means i can't have the dishes polished as they were, so thinking of respraying the dish and the center two different colours, but now sure what colours to go for yet

not unfortunate.. .sounds like a plan.. maybe a darker centre with an alloy silver on the dishes?