Author Topic: Suspension, suspension, suspension  (Read 11197 times)

Offline Ben_1uk

• I live here
Re: Suspension, suspension, suspension
« Reply #10 on: 08 October 2008, 09:20 »
I was aware the Golf's already on coilies :smug: :nerd:

I suppose the real underlying question is which option is going to be more comfortable for a daily motor - coilovers or springs & shocks? As already mentioned, I aim to lower the car by about -30mm (-40mm MAX). Taking this into account, which option would you opt for?

Powered by the fuel of satan!

Offline iMation

• I live here
  • G SiXtY
« Reply #11 on: 08 October 2008, 09:29 »
As said above mate, for the comfort side of it, I would go with springs and shocks
Meh....

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #12 on: 08 October 2008, 09:32 »
i personally went for springs and shocks - most of my mileage is motorway and given the state of the roads i wanted something as comfortable as possible

the problem with this topic is its all subjective and down to personal taste etc etc

ideally you need to go out in two cars and see what suits you best - we could advise you until the cows come home but at the end of the day its about what YOU WANT  :smiley:

Offline Ben_1uk

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 08 October 2008, 10:00 »
ideally you need to go out in two cars and see what suits you best - we could advise you until the cows come home but at the end of the day its about what YOU WANT 

That's the BIG problem mate! I don't know anyone who has lowered a Golf other than you guys here. Fancy coming round my place for some tea and biscuits :grin:

Powered by the fuel of satan!

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #14 on: 08 October 2008, 10:02 »
ideally you need to go out in two cars and see what suits you best - we could advise you until the cows come home but at the end of the day its about what YOU WANT 

That's the BIG problem mate! I don't know anyone who has lowered a Golf other than you guys here. Fancy coming round my place for some tea and biscuits :grin:

you need more friends  :tongue:

its Ivor somewhere near you?? he's running Eibach springs and standard shocks same as me - try dropping him a PM  :smiley:

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 08 October 2008, 10:19 »
Think ill have to go in a car thats fitted with springs and shocks first and see what the rides like then ill decide what I wanna do.  :cool:
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Brands Hatch massive. MEMBERSHIP ACCEPTED!

Offline Ben_1uk

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 08 October 2008, 10:36 »
its Ivor somewhere near you?? he's running Eibach springs and standard shocks same as me - try dropping him a PM

I've PM'd Ivor. If I get masses of verbal abuse, I shall blame you :laugh: