Author Topic: What do we think?  (Read 7794 times)

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
Re: What do we think?
« Reply #20 on: 03 March 2008, 22:43 »
I know, but I'm not going to do that to myself. Anyway, I'm going to bed now to dream of straight six 3 litter engines :D, Night all !

Also im only going to have 5 -6k to play with. A quick look on the trader as found a few nice 323's.

:edit: I cant get to bed, hummmm this ones look nice, 323 Ci

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
« Reply #21 on: 03 March 2008, 23:10 »
personally i think anyone that drive a BM is a c*nt (well most of them drive like one)

and IMO the only good thing BM have done recently is the *35d (twin turbo derv) other than that i'd never ever consider getting one, audi do it so much better, and audi indicators work

Offline Lee_dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 03 March 2008, 23:43 »

BMW drivers will do anything for a excuse not to use their indicators.......
Black mk1 2.0 16V - woop

Offline AlanT

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #23 on: 04 March 2008, 07:24 »
lmao, such fun stereotyping is!

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #24 on: 04 March 2008, 07:44 »
Dont get me wrong some bmws are very nice cars but:

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s1i18577   :grin:  :grin:  :lipsrsealed:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #25 on: 04 March 2008, 08:47 »
For the money ridge I can get a much much nicer bimmer than an A4 and the Bimmer looks much nice imo.

I know what you mean about the impression about some BM drivers be cock munchers, but to say all of them are is harsh imo, several of my mate have one not to mention my old man.

Offline Chris 'N' Jen

• Here all the time
  • MK4 2.0 GTi 8v in black (the best colour)
« Reply #26 on: 04 March 2008, 08:55 »
if you get a beemer you can have soal use of the overtaking lane and its permissable not to indicate. in fact if you did someone might think you stole it as you are not "down with the beemer crowd"

330d all the way though.  :grin:

Offline linz

• I live here
  • vee-dub
« Reply #27 on: 04 March 2008, 09:15 »
lol Nah, I turn 21 in April and you will simply just not believe what cars I can actually afford to insure now.

Linz, no way would I even look at that, it was just an example pic.

well thts gd to hear

im 25 in a couple of months so i no i will be able to insure anything :D

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
« Reply #28 on: 04 March 2008, 09:25 »
For the money ridge I can get a much much nicer bimmer than an A4 and the Bimmer looks much nice imo.

I know what you mean about the impression about some BM drivers be c*ck munchers, but to say all of them are is harsh imo, several of my mate have one not to mention my old man.

unfortunately its a sterotype that they are stuck with, because everyone notices the tw@t in the BM that does indicate or constantly flashes their lights behind someone, but its very rare you actually see someone driving a BM in a courteous fashion.

true you can get alot of BM for your money these days, but i think thats down to the fact that the brand is starting to lose its status, whilst they do make solid cars, i personally would never own one.

how come you want to leave the VAG fold too?

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #29 on: 04 March 2008, 09:29 »
My plan was always to get the 1.8T when I turned 21, but I never realised what sort of calibur of car I can actually get now. The 330i I can insure for £860 and the 323 Ci above in silver I can get for the sort of price as the 1.8T (about the 600 - 700 mark). Im still in two minds and dont know what to do. Them Ci 3 series really give me wood and for the same (maybe a little more but nothing major) sort of money as the 1.8T I would be looking at.

A lovely 2.5 stright six really wouldn't go a miss if im honest !