Author Topic: What do we think?  (Read 7790 times)

Offline AlanT

• GTI forum regular
Re: What do we think?
« Reply #10 on: 03 March 2008, 22:28 »
this was mine

go for a coupe, and a six cylender engine bar the 320 and you cant go wrong in my opinion, i.e 323,325,328,330 etc

330 diesel sport would be my choice, although its a diesel its about the best of the bunch, bar the m3 obviously! lol

fuel consumption isnt as bad as you think but if you put the foot down alot they can be thirsty and its not nice handing over 6£65 everytime you fill up! lol

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #11 on: 03 March 2008, 22:32 »
Looks very smart. With all due respect I'm not a massive fan of the E36, think im either going to fork out a little more and get an E46 or not bother tbh. The 330 E46 are going to be a little too much I think. That one I posted has the body style (im lead to belive that its the Ci's that look like this) Im after so its just a case of finding one. Found a nice 232 but it was on 140,000 and BMW or no not, Im really not in the game to buy a car with that many miles. Just over a month to go till I can get my insurance on a new world of cars and its getting harder and harder to choose what I want :(

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #12 on: 03 March 2008, 22:34 »
Looks very smart. With all due respect I'm not a massive fan of the E36, think im either going to fork out a little more and get an E46 or not bother tbh. The 330 E46 are going to be a little too much I think. That one I posted has the body style Im after so its just a case of finding one. Found a nice 232 but it was on 140,000 and BMW or no not, Im really not in the game to buy a car with that many miles. Just over a month to go till I can get my insurance on a new world of cars and its getting harder and harder to choose what I want :(
Not getting old are you? ;)

Offline linz

• I live here
  • vee-dub
« Reply #13 on: 03 March 2008, 22:35 »
umm wat can i say there nice cars but me i wouldnt touch it

the damage for a start make insurance n tht go up imo not worth the money

but a mint one id love :D

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #14 on: 03 March 2008, 22:37 »
lol Nah, I turn 21 in April and you will simply just not believe what cars I can actually afford to insure now.

Linz, no way would I even look at that, it was just an example pic.

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 03 March 2008, 22:37 »
Would be REALLY easy to fix up though that one.

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 03 March 2008, 22:38 »
lol Nah, I turn 21 in April and you will simply just not believe what cars I can actually afford to insure now.

Linz, no way would I even look at that, it was just an example pic.
Ahh mate I would, I'm turning 25 this week, wait until you get there, the choice is ridiculous :)

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #17 on: 03 March 2008, 22:38 »

Meeh, im not going to look at anything as its just going to tease me. Im insured on the Golfy till 10th May so, we shall see.

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 03 March 2008, 22:41 »

Meeh, im not going to look at anything as its just going to tease me. Im insured on the Golfy till 10th May so, we shall see.
Yeah yeah, you say that, but it IIIIIIIS tempting is  it not? :)

I'm going to keep the Golf for a good few years yet, then look into getting something like an M3, unless I become rich and an RS4 becomes attainable :P

Offline AlanT

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 03 March 2008, 22:41 »
oh dont get me wrong alan, the e36's are great, but i had mine for 2 years and they are getting on now, e46 would be my route also, the last comment was about the e46, and i will go back to a bm, just a matter of getting the baby out the mrs and getting it to grow up fast! lol

what your looking for is a sport/mtech model then if you want it to look like that, the standard bumpers arent half as nice!

your probably looking at 7-8 k to find something like a 2.5 with the sports interior/bumpers/alloys etc.

try get one with aircon/ full on board computer and leather, oh and the best colour by far imo is the gunmetal grey colour! yum!