Author Topic: first post, and its of my total rebuild of my custom mk4, inc respray and pics  (Read 12047 times)

Offline J5H VW

• Here all the time
 :drool: Once again mate - that is one of the best looking modded golfs I have seen!  :drool:

Very very well done mate!
2001 VW 1.8t Golf GTi 5 Door (AUM). Xenons, Heated Black Recaro Leather, Front Arm Rest, Stubby Alloy Bee-sting, Climatronic, Heated Washers, Headlamp Jets, Touareg Torch...and a fire extinguisher should it all go wrong! - NOW SOLD

2005 BMW 330cd M Sport Convertible - Sparlking Graphite, Full Electric and Heated Red Leathers, TV, Nav, Bluetooth, Active Xenons, Wind Diffuser

Offline cuprajake

• GTI forum regular
lights came in, so i took one apart at dinner to start fetling the hid install, upon inspection the black is just aerosoled on lol, lazy parts builders haha bonus for me, a little bit of thinners and look

result

Offline mike4golf

• GTI forum regular
  • 1.8t
cheers mate you have caused me near divorce,i wake up moaning white golf,white golf,and iv got a big wet patch lol.as iv said your car is the nuts mate :smiley: :smiley:

Offline cuprajake

• GTI forum regular
more pics

and how the retro is going

jake

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
I so want :(

I really need to win the lottery, this must have cost you a fortune  !?

Offline bigman_10

• Here all the time
that is f**king awesome!!! i'm going to attempt a full respray of my mk2 in feb half term in my dads garage (actual house garage that you keep cars in e.g. 'destined for failure' sort of garage :laugh:)... so i'm going to looking for a 'similar quality' finish. maybe we should share our spraying tips :smug: (hint hint cough cough :wink:)?

p.s. never actually attempted a full respray... just bodged my grandma's wheel arch once when she decided she liked using the car to open her front gate! how hard can it be, get a decent tub of emulsion and a thick brush jobs a gooden.

Offline cuprajake

• GTI forum regular
more pics

and how the retro is going

jake

Offline cuprajake

• GTI forum regular
hey, lights are done.

took forever to get right lol.

still need to do a little bit of fine tuning- there is alot of colour in the cutoff too

pics

jake

Offline cuprajake

• GTI forum regular
day time pics, with the glass actually clean lol