Author Topic: UPDATE -page 9! Don't hate my car quite so much  (Read 6144 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
UPDATE -page 9! Don't hate my car quite so much
« on: 03 July 2009, 09:22 »
will get some pics at lunchtime but on the way i developed a boost leak

got home, had a quick look to find my intercooler pipe had slid off the connector at the EGR valve

removed it and found that the layers have started to peel away from each other  :angry:

now i've had it on the car for approx 12 months and the guy before me had it for around 3 months - so its lasted 15 months or so

how long are they supposed to last??  :huh:

at this rate i'm going back to standard pipework and to hell with fancy pipes  :angry:

oh and just to make me feel even better some low life scum stole my valve caps last night too  :angry: :angry:
« Last Edit: 24 July 2009, 14:54 by Rhyso »

Offline DarkGti

• I live here
Re: How long are silicone hoses meant to last??
« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2009, 09:30 »
i dont really know how long they are meant to last but i do no they shouldn't start deteriorating after 15 months! :shocked: are they forge?

i know how you feel pal some f**k*r tried getting in my boot a few weeks ago and f**ked all the lock up! these people should be shot! :angry:
« Last Edit: 03 July 2009, 09:32 by DarkGti »

Offline linz

• I live here
  • vee-dub
« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2009, 09:32 »
i would contacta company an find out as they may replace it..

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2009, 09:36 »
i dont really know how long they are meant to last but i do no they shouldn't start deteriorating after 15 months! :shocked: are they forge?

i know how you feel pal some f**k*r tried getting in my boot a few weeks ago and f**ked all the lock up! these people should be shot! :angry:

its an SFS Performance hose

i would contacta company an find out as they may replace it..

bit trickey as i bought it 2nd hand so not sure how i'd fare with that  :undecided:

Offline linz

• I live here
  • vee-dub
« Reply #4 on: 03 July 2009, 09:37 »
rhso they are nt to know you didnt buy it direct from them an in tht tym recieps would hae been lost anyway gie it a go you have nothing to lose

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #5 on: 03 July 2009, 09:38 »
rhso they are nt to know you didnt buy it direct from them an in tht tym recieps would hae been lost anyway gie it a go you have nothing to lose

i'll take some pics at lunchtime

i'll be giving it a go don't you worry - missus works for Trading Standards  :evil:

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #6 on: 03 July 2009, 09:43 »
that sucks mate, swear this is the first thread you have had in a while not knowing something lol  :grin:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #7 on: 03 July 2009, 09:46 »
that sucks mate, swear this is the first thread you have had in a while not knowing something lol  :grin:

lol - i got an educated guess that they're meant to last a good while longer than 15-18months

just wanted other people's thoughts before i remove it and use it to beat the company over the head with it  :evil:

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #8 on: 03 July 2009, 10:07 »
If you lived in Manchester they'd have stolen your wheels but left the valve caps instead!!

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #9 on: 03 July 2009, 10:14 »
I've not heard of this happening, either with Forge/samco or SFS stuff... although the cost savings with SFS are most likely in the manufacturing process. Somewhere out there, there is a geek who knows all about silicone hose fabrication who will have the answer :grin: