Author Topic: yellow and blue coolant sensors  (Read 907 times)

Offline bluquarta

• GTI forum regular
yellow and blue coolant sensors
« on: 18 November 2011, 19:10 »
Anyone know if there is any difference between the yellow and blue banded coolant sensors for the 8v AGG engine? Cheers

Offline Seanl

• I live here
Re: yellow and blue coolant sensors
« Reply #1 on: 18 November 2011, 20:12 »
Think they read different temperature ranges ie; 50-90 and 91-120 or something like that.
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #2 on: 18 November 2011, 22:31 »
Yellow is the standard coolant temp reader, not sure what the blue one is  :sad:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 19 November 2011, 00:04 »
If it is the same as mk4 the blue one is the later spec.

Offline bluquarta

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 19 November 2011, 11:58 »
hmmm, just wondered as I had a yellow one originally but when I got one off ebay a while ago it was a blue one. only asking as having the dreaded cutting out issues recently and have covered most of the usual suspects. Wouldn't think its this tho as blue one has been fitted about 9 months without issues. I see you can still buy both for mk3s

Offline bluquarta

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 23 November 2011, 16:11 »
update if anyone is interested: had to go to VW for a couple of bits yesterday and they confirmed that only blue one is available now and no difference between yellow and blue