Author Topic: Need to arrange a meeting in scotland!!  (Read 1585 times)

Offline M17 KVN

• Not said much yet
Need to arrange a meeting in scotland!!
« on: 10 August 2004, 08:01 »
Hey folks,

I think we should arrange a meeting some where is Scotland for oall the MK1 owners that live in and around scotland.

Who would be interested?
Fitlike!!!

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
Re:Need to arrange a meeting in scotland!!
« Reply #1 on: 10 August 2004, 17:31 »
I wouldn't mind meeting up with a few Mk1 owners who live north of the border. I am all the way up on the Moray Firth coast (20miles East of Inverness) There is a local Dub Club, but no mk1's. There are a couple of cab owners up here, who I may be able to drag along to a meet, but it would have to be a nice summer day!
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture

Offline KUR2Y

• Not said much yet
Re: Need to arrange a meeting in scotland!!
« Reply #2 on: 20 August 2004, 18:01 »
Hi there. just registered today so new to this. got a flyer on the Cabby in the car park outside the cinema in Inverness. We have a blue cabby, a mk1 gti and a Corrado. I live about 45 miles east of Inverness and we go to the club gti meet at the Spey Bay Hotel near Fochabers. 1 st sunday of the month at 7. It would be great to see new members. I'm sure if you organised a meeting somewhere I could muster up a few cars to come along.

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
« Reply #3 on: 20 August 2004, 18:14 »
Hi KUR2Y
I dropped the flyer on your cab - Was it a left hooker?
I've been meaning to get along to Speybay for a while, but always end up with something on.
Will try and meet up in september.
What colour is the mk1? I have only seen one around the area, was wondering if it's yours.
Ads

Offline KUR2Y

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 20 August 2004, 18:24 »
Hi Ads
Yes that was our lefty. Its the wifes really but I love to drive it. My Mk1 is black and it's off the road at the mo. just get it MOTed but it needs tons of work, It may be a while before it see's the light of day. The club meeting is a bit slow at the moment but it would be great if you and some others could make it. I won't be there in sept but there should be a good turn out, especially if new people are coming.

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
« Reply #5 on: 20 August 2004, 18:29 »
I recently met up with a few of the lads from Elgin, went to the Moray muscle car show in Duffus, and put the cars on show. It would be good to meet upwith people from here though, I've been trying to promote this site a bit more since I returned to Forres. Most of the members live in England, so I dont get to see them very often.
Anyway, welcome to the site, hope you're going to stick around. There is a lot of good info to be sourced and it's a really friendly site.
Ads

Offline M17 KVN

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 30 August 2004, 07:53 »
God damn it, canna manage this weekend as i am getting married and am off on honeymoon on the sunday, but hopefully i will try and meet in october if the weather is ok and not snowing.
Fitlike!!!