Author Topic: Low Coolant Temperature and Low Oil Temperature  (Read 6986 times)

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
Re: Low Coolant Temperature and Low Oil Temperature
« Reply #20 on: 25 January 2018, 16:42 »
Just got a call from the dealers saying they took it out for a test drive after replacing the sensors and the problem is still there. They now say the thermostat is the problem and that it will cost an additional €600 for the part.  :angry: :angry: these dealers really are worse than useless at diagnosing problems. I told them I wouldn’t be paying anything near that figure for the part and to talk to the warranty manager and ring me back. I won’t be seeing my car until next week now at the earliest.  :embarrassed:
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 25 January 2018, 16:56 »
Unfortunately as expected, you know the score, play hard ball.... Good luck!

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #22 on: 25 January 2018, 17:02 »
I feel your pain, but surely you are out of warranty?

Owning these modern computer controlled cars after warranty is a potentially expensive thing...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 03 February 2018, 23:04 »
Thermostat housing was cracked and the whole unit was replaced and WP refitted. Including the 2 temperature sensors they replaced the bill was €600 with 50% goodwill included ! I also left having bought the wife a 151 white Passat highline with LEDs and massage seats ! I’m a sucker for punishment.  :whistle:
Glad to have my GTi back.
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox