Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789524 times)

Offline Dan Burnley

• Not said much yet
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #470 on: 06 March 2014, 20:58 »

Anyone in the North West got access to VCDS? I want to literally change one thing but don't not see the point in buying the gear for just that. Wondering if anyone could kindly help??  :huh:

GTD

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #471 on: 06 March 2014, 21:05 »
what do you wanna change?
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline Dan Burnley

• Not said much yet
« Reply #472 on: 06 March 2014, 21:37 »

Just the brightness of the DRLs to 100% on the side lights, so I can have my rear LEDs and DRLs on at same time. If I remember from a thread somewhere on here on side lights the brightness is only 30%, which IMO you cant even see them.

GTD

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
« Reply #473 on: 06 March 2014, 21:44 »
ah ok, yeah that should be possible (there a channel for it at least)... going up north tomorrow but from london direction, can meet at m1 services (wetherby?) but won't know what time until i actually leave from london (depends how job goes).... also if you're really in burnley that's quite a drive on a friday afternoon

Offline Dan Burnley

• Not said much yet
« Reply #474 on: 06 March 2014, 22:00 »
ah ok, yeah that should be possible (there a channel for it at least)... going up north tomorrow but from london direction, can meet at m1 services (wetherby?) but won't know what time until i actually leave from london (depends how job goes).... also if you're really in burnley that's quite a drive on a friday afternoon

Unfortunately I'm working all day tomorrow then going straight out on a lads night out. Thanks for trying, much appreciated, maybe when your passing again sometime or if someone else could help? :smiley:

GTD

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
« Reply #475 on: 06 March 2014, 22:18 »
passing through again monday morning but on M6 (going past preston down to m56) and at ungodly hour :D

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #476 on: 07 March 2014, 08:06 »

Just the brightness of the DRLs to 100% on the side lights, so I can have my rear LEDs and DRLs on at same time. If I remember from a thread somewhere on here on side lights the brightness is only 30%, which IMO you cant even see them.

The instructions for both are here

http://vcds.greg-roberts.com/
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline C2K

• Here all the time
  • Northern Monkey
« Reply #477 on: 18 March 2014, 20:28 »
Boo..

borrowed my mates cable today. battery charge doesn't work, rear lights on with DRL doesn't work, fuel used in gallons doesn't work...

Once the setting is changed, it stores it, but nothing seems to happen with anything i've tried so far.

Oh, and someone has spammed the hell out of the VCDS site.

Edit: auto rain closing worked fine.
« Last Edit: 18 March 2014, 20:42 by C2K »
5 Door Night Blue GTD
Dynaudio, 19" Santiago Alloys, Adaptive Chassis, Leather Pack, Winter Pack, Reverse Camera.

Bianca White 306 Rallye (Supercharged + Caged) : Melting Silver F54 Mini Clubman Cooper S

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
« Reply #478 on: 18 March 2014, 22:20 »
which's the version you're using... things you say works on mine fine...

Offline C2K

• Here all the time
  • Northern Monkey
« Reply #479 on: 19 March 2014, 10:23 »
Cable or Software?

Software is release 12.12 downloaded just yesterday. The actual coding can be navigated to, but when you make the changes instructed in the wiki, it will change the flag but nothing happens.

Rain closing of windows on the car convenience menu was the only thing that I could get to work. I've flagged the taillights for DRL activation, and tried to add gallons used and battery charge to the MFD and whilst all markers have been updated I get no change in the car.

I don't really understand what is going on tbh. Mine's a BW51.
5 Door Night Blue GTD
Dynaudio, 19" Santiago Alloys, Adaptive Chassis, Leather Pack, Winter Pack, Reverse Camera.

Bianca White 306 Rallye (Supercharged + Caged) : Melting Silver F54 Mini Clubman Cooper S