Author Topic: a few hours spare  (Read 1187 times)

Offline big stevie

• Here all the time
  • "what doesnt kill me makes me stronger"
a few hours spare
« on: 03 December 2011, 15:53 »
had some spare playtime today and weather wasnt to bad so i done the throttle clean job thats posted on here to start with, ive posted pics of how dirty mine was and thought it was rather clean if you ask me, then i kept looking at my well coroded plenium chamber that was really peeing me off, so i went over it with a wire brush which brought it up better but not as i would have liked it, now i really like them polished but im not in a posistion to take off manifold to do it properly due to ill health and going into hospital on monday, so i decided to do it in situ which is not ideal i know but looks better than it did and i have a head start when i do it properly or im going to buy another inlet and plenium to polish at my leisure.

before polishing

after polishing

dont know if you all know i had front inlet cover missing from my car and a masacred engine cover with a lump cut out of it, now ive collected the covers and fixings now but just got to get a badge for cover, iver ordered my 2k plastic primer and may go and buy my 2k paint which is going to be bright green as think black and green go well together may even spray my spare audi winter wheels in the same green im undecided at the moment might be a little to lairy in saying that i see someone wants to do black and orange, heres my covers all flattened down ready for painting in plastic primer, got to have a week or so off now as go for operation on monday so was my last play on the car for a while.  :sad: :sad: :sad:

black 5 door 18t aum engine with 19" lm reps and homemade induction, awesome forge 007p,pressed plates, pillar mounted boost and voltage gauge.

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
Re: a few hours spare
« Reply #1 on: 03 December 2011, 16:08 »
Good start, looking forward to seeing photos of these painted and back on your car.

Good luck with your op, hope you are back on your feet again soon.  :wink:

Build thread clicky

Offline daz veedub

• Forum addict
  • Operation 1.8t bolf
« Reply #2 on: 03 December 2011, 16:12 »
great job on the inlet mate  :cool:

good luck with op aswell

Offline big stevie

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 03 December 2011, 16:23 »
thanks guys just a routine op im having my gall bladder removed as its riddled with stones and have no choice but to take it out, but sadly i have to stay in for a few days due to another health problem im just getting over which is a ba*tard but hey ho soon as im home and recovered i can resume my project golf, just one thing guys ive sent  pm's to two mods about starting a project thread and heard nothing any idea's.  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
black 5 door 18t aum engine with 19" lm reps and homemade induction, awesome forge 007p,pressed plates, pillar mounted boost and voltage gauge.

Offline daz veedub

• Forum addict
  • Operation 1.8t bolf
« Reply #4 on: 03 December 2011, 16:32 »
maybe both out on a weekend bender  :grin: should here sumet soon mate

Offline big stevie

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 03 December 2011, 16:48 »
must go on one of there benders then, just checked outbox and nothing in it so messages cant have been sent me bad must be my pm's not working strange!!!!!!!!!! not found my way round on here just yet. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #6 on: 03 December 2011, 20:14 »
Get a 007p on there  :laugh:

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.

Offline big stevie

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 04 December 2011, 07:25 »
Get a 007p on there  :laugh:

was going to get one for christmas but looking at saving for one of these american exhausts and decats everybodys buying at the moment have to see how it goes.  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Offline ReadieeVTS

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 04 December 2011, 10:37 »
hey mate, what tools/materials did you use to clean up that inlet manifold? Looks like a job well done!  :smiley:

Offline big stevie

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 04 December 2011, 17:00 »
hey mate, what tools/materials did you use to clean up that inlet manifold? Looks like a job well done!  :smiley:

firstly i went over it with a wire brush to get oxidised alloy off to see if it made it look any better which it didnt, so then i went over it with a very course sandpaper one you use for rubbing down bodyfiller it was all i had making sure you cover everything that alloy dust can get into up  ie air filter, alternator etc i also pulled out dipstick and put a rag down it as was easier to rub down, then you will start to see certain areas start to shine and will have dark bits you need to rub down to past these bits as these are casting marks, this takes ages and being on the car makes this even more harder, once you have got everything nice and shiney i started going to a more fine sandpaper this takes out the scratches you leave with the course paper sorry cant remember what paper i finished with might have been 800 i think as i have a bucket of mixed papers, now i used to be in the bike scene and bought a polishing kit for aluminum and stainless steel which comes with two polishing wheels a buffing wheel and rubbing compound of diferent grades,  then i used the brown rubbing compound which i believe is the course one and went over it with that which takes out the remaining rub marks left by sandpaper and the finished with everybodys fave the solvol autosol and buffing wheel, as said it not perfect but looks a whole lot better once im out of hospital no doubt i will have another go to get it more perfect. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

this is like what i bought and is good to have as the things ive polished with mine is unreal, bike frames, swinging arms, wheels, heatshields, exhausts the list is endless if its a shiney metal you can polish it, got me out of the brown stuff with the wife as i scratched my wedding ring big time and buffed that up with it and took all the scratches out of it, one of those things you dont use much but is very handy to have indeed.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Metal-Polishing-Kit-4-Aluminium-Brass-NFK0-4001-/300417343941?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item45f244e1c5