Author Topic: Mk7 heater blowing cold drivers side  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Waltzrr

• Just got here
Mk7 heater blowing cold drivers side
« on: 04 December 2023, 23:47 »
Hi,
I’ve just had my gtd back from my local garage where it had a load of work done, head gasket replaced, head checked and all ok, car was overheating and had exhaust gases in the coolant system, egr cooler tested and no leaking, so it also had new water pump as the old one had seized, new thermostat, new heater matrix  new expansion bottle without the dreaded tea bag. So car has done approx 150 miles since all the work, runs lovely, no overheating issues but the drivers half of the heater system doesn’t get anywhere near up to temperature when using the dual control, I have found that the driver side motor is missing the small drive gear to actuate the flap which works oft the temp wheel on the control panel, so I have manually moved the flap to the hot position but it still only warms up to luke warm rather than hot. Is there any other reason why this would happen? I’m stumped and can’t seem to find anything in the vw forums with the same issue.
I did come across a video showing that there is a temperature sensor behind each front window fan vent and that this could be faulty? Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.