Author Topic: Latest map update  (Read 9043 times)

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
Re: Latest map update
« Reply #10 on: 02 July 2022, 08:00 »
Thanks for the info. Should only take me about 5 mins to download the file but just wondered how long the car needs to be switched on for and do the maps look different, as I can’t stand the current ones.

But if only 40 mins of car on then might give it a go.
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #11 on: 02 July 2022, 09:52 »
Its just map data.... they won't look any different...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 02 July 2022, 23:15 »
Shame. Yes completed, didn’t take long, 4 mins to download and about 20 to extract.
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 04 July 2022, 11:47 »
Would the dealer update this when you take your car in for a service if its under 3 years old or is that optimistic?
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 04 July 2022, 14:03 »
Optimistic. In my experience it never happened despite annual servicing for three years. That was across  two different dealers.
« Last Edit: 04 July 2022, 14:07 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #15 on: 04 July 2022, 14:06 »
Would the dealer update this when you take your car in for a service if its under 3 years old or is that optimistic?

Probably not, just do it yourself...

It's only downloading a zip, extracting it and copying the maps on to the SD card.

I've updated mine twice every year since i've had the car, still use Waze though.  :smiley:
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 14 July 2022, 08:05 »
Ok just got back to look at this and the file for MIB1 is 25GB and the map files are all too big for the 8GB card they seem to have changed the structure of the map data so can't put it on?

Even Discovery Care only downloads a file just over 7GB but as usual it will not complete.

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 14 July 2022, 14:43 »
Bundle 6 fits onto the standard 16gb card that I have in my car.... seems the best compromise of countries, although I have the latest update it still missed many of the 'new' HS2 roundabouts that I cam across last week when I was around Oxford.

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline Catnapper

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 19 July 2022, 15:06 »

My dealer did, Hadwins. Waited 30mins more for them to do it at my service. Or so they say, the version number doesn't look up to date iirc.
MK7.5 Indium Grey 19" Brescia Alloys

Offline DanDuda48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 17 July 2023, 23:17 »
I have been updating my maps since 2016, but the summer release was never this late!
What is going on?
Besides, now you have to register; no simple download as in the past.
2018 Golf GTI PP White Silver; DCC, Discover Pro; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints.
2016 Golf GTD Oryx white; DCC; Tech pack [=Discover Pro + Dynaudio]; Sport & Sound; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints