Author Topic: Golf PD150 Allard EGR Delete & DIY IC Pipework  (Read 12850 times)

Offline Stubaru

• Not said much yet
Golf PD150 Allard EGR Delete & DIY IC Pipework
« on: 25 August 2011, 14:47 »
Firstly, hello I've just joined!  :smiley:

Ok, so I progressed with this at the weekend. EGR Delete is fitted and I've removed a couple of odds and sods no longer needed, such as the EGR Cooler, vac pipes and push-on fittings for the TDi Cover etc. I removed a couple of brackets no longer needed also to make way for the Intercooler Pipe run. This was roughly laid in place while I had the old stuff out so I could see what goes where. It'll be measured and cut this weekend hopefully when my final silicone pipes arrive...

Here's a couple of random pics of the job. I couldn't believe how dirty the EGR Valve and Inlet Manifold were!

Right got the Intercooler Pipework in! :)

Before:

A bit of the radiator fan housing in the way:

Removed for clearance for the Silicone Hose:

The MAP Sensor stub I made on a lathe!

The awkward run from the Turbo Pipe to Intercooler Inlet. Unfortunately I couldn't get a blue Silicone Reducer:

It's a tight squeeze between the Pulley and the Tyre on full lock, but it goes:

Fuel Rails in the way:

Not anymore!

After:

My next plan is a Stainless De-Cat and Exhaust System before a remap by R-Tech. Can anyone recommend an exhaust system as I've researched it a bit (including mufflerectomy!) and don't want to be spending money on an expensive exhaust system that gives me no benefit come remap time.

Cheers

Stu

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
Re: Golf PD150 Allard EGR Delete & DIY IC Pipework
« Reply #1 on: 25 August 2011, 19:41 »
You are my hero. I wish had the know how to do that sort of thing...very impressive! Sorry about not being able to recommend an exhaust  :smiley:

Offline darren1.8t

• I live here
  • I HATE FRENCH CARS
« Reply #2 on: 27 August 2011, 18:01 »
top job m8 how much was all that?

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3 on: 18 September 2011, 14:17 »
Following on from my other thread mate...you have removed the erg Cooler and the vac reservoir and a few other bits and pieces. Now did you remove these as you did the vac lines simplification? Or can you just remove these when you get rid of the egr valve? The link to on mkivs recommends you replace the hoses with new Silicone ones, did you do this? Also if you don't have a clue where most of these valves and lines are will a Haynes savice? Cause a few forums and a Haynes is all the knowledge I have :grin:

Cheers

Offline Stubaru

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 23 September 2011, 08:48 »
When you do the EGR Delete, you remove the EGR cooler and link the water pipes together, but you also have to block a couple of the vac lines. This is why I did the vac line simplification and it is really easy to do. The thread on it couldn't be more straightforward.
You don't have to replace the vac lines with silicone ones, they just look prettier. From all the ones you remove, you can just pick some and fit them instead. All I used is the threads on here to do everything, but then I am great haha!   :tongue:  :wink:

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #5 on: 23 September 2011, 13:00 »
When you do the EGR Delete, you remove the EGR cooler and link the water pipes together, but you also have to block a couple of the vac lines. This is why I did the vac line simplification and it is really easy to do. The thread on it couldn't be more straightforward.
You don't have to replace the vac lines with silicone ones, they just look prettier. From all the ones you remove, you can just pick some and fit them instead. All I used is the threads on here to do everything, but then I am great haha!   :tongue:  :wink:

What do you use to link the water pipes together and what do you use to block of the vac lines? I am cleaning my inlet manifold tomorrow ready for my EGR delete next week and will probably do the vac simplification also. What would I need to be able to do this vac simplification ie blocks/connector? Cheers

Offline Stubaru

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 23 September 2011, 15:21 »
Sorry, linking the water pipes together was a bad choice of words on my part.  :rolleyes:
What you actually do is use the water pipe from the right hand side of the engine that goes into the top of the EGR Cooler and fit this onto the push fitting at the back of the engine bay. I'll get a couple of pics up for you later on...
All you need for blocking the vac pipes would be a few screws. You can do the vac simplification in about 2 minutes though, so its not really worth messing about blocking them.
Bottom line, if I were you I'd wait and do it all at once as its much easier that way.

The water pipe in the middle of the pic coming off the right hand side of the engine:

If you look behind the EGR Valve in the centre of this pic you can see the water fittings:

This is looking to the left of the EGR Valve and behind it so you can see where the water pipe from the engine in the first pic should be routed to:

« Last Edit: 23 September 2011, 17:15 by Stubaru »

Offline Stubaru

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 22 March 2012, 22:24 »
Bump.

For those looking at the other thread on this subject at the moment  :wink:

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #8 on: 23 March 2012, 06:49 »