Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287615 times)

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3480 on: 10 June 2012, 22:38 »
If today was down to no time friday what about Monaco? Barcelona?

I think Button is a great driver only when is is 100% happy with the car but Lewis will drive the nuts off the car every time and that makes him one of the best drivers out there,

I agree, Button has been awful this season, yes McLaren have not helped in some races , but take away his win in Aus and the 2nd place in China, he has finished , 9th, 14th , 16th , 16th and 18th.

Compare that to Lewis , who has one win, three 3rd place finishes, a 5th place and two 8th place finishes. He also has two poles to Button's zero poles.

I personally think Button is out of the Championship now , down in 8th place and 43 points behind

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
« Reply #3481 on: 11 June 2012, 00:16 »
If today was down to no time friday what about Monaco? Barcelona?

I think Button is a great driver only when is is 100% happy with the car but Lewis will drive the nuts off the car every time and that makes him one of the best drivers out there,

I agree, Button has been awful this season, yes McLaren have not helped in some races , but take away his win in Aus and the 2nd place in China, he has finished , 9th, 14th , 16th , 16th and 18th.

Compare that to Lewis , who has one win, three 3rd place finishes, a 5th place and two 8th place finishes. He also has two poles to Button's zero poles.

I personally think Button is out of the Championship now , down in 8th place and 43 points behind

Long way to go in the season yet...

LH ha the right attitude - just keep in the top 5 and the season "could" be his...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Roverdose

• Here all the time
  • So long and thanks for all the fish!
« Reply #3482 on: 11 June 2012, 01:10 »
Don't make the mistake of underating JB, people did that alot just before first race in Australia 2009! Horneys bang on, lack of setup time was to blame for today. Does anyone else think that somehow the races are being controlled somehow! Could you imagine if there was a race drama director? bit like the truman show, imagine if he could give the teams team orders etc. Oooooh conspiracy theories  :grin: And how awesome does the new nose on the Mclaren look! Found this intersting shot, check out the disturbance in the heat hase around hamiltons rear tyre, thats aerodynamics at work, amazing shot i thought! Also whats that under the nose of the car?

Anybody know what music they used in the outro to the bbc highlights?
« Last Edit: 11 June 2012, 01:25 by Roverdose »

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3483 on: 11 June 2012, 13:25 »
Shame that this season could be the most exciting F1 season in a long time but viewing figures are down due to BBC and Sky sharing the coverage.

Yesterday seen a 6 year low for the Canadian GP in terms of viewers. BBC had over 8 million watch the Canadian GP live last year but just 3 million watched the highlights on the BBC. The time slot did not help them though.

The Sky coverage is getting better, just fed up of adverts every 10/15 minutes during the pre show

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #3484 on: 11 June 2012, 17:19 »
Sam Michael hit the nail on the head as gar as JB goes and i've said the same thing for ages, If they give Jenson the perfect car then he's unstoppable but Lewis will drive the wheels off anything he's given!

Shame it doesn't always work out. :sad:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
« Reply #3485 on: 14 June 2012, 11:55 »
First views of the Jersey street course with Seb "rhymes with Kettle " Vettel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bug18V2yxP4&feature=player_embedded#!

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #3486 on: 14 June 2012, 13:35 »
First views of the Jersey street course with Seb "rhymes with Kettle " Vettel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bug18V2yxP4&feature=player_embedded#!

What a disgrace speeding like that round the streets. Ban Seb!

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3487 on: 21 June 2012, 14:00 »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18522111

What does this mean for the owner of F1 then...Surely he shouldn't still be running the show. Look at the state of him

Should he be punished for making bribes?  :undecided:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3488 on: 21 June 2012, 14:07 »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18522111

What does this mean for the owner of F1 then...Surely he shouldn't still be running the show. Look at the state of him

Should he be punished for making bribes?  :undecided:

he should be investigated... yes

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #3489 on: 21 June 2012, 14:09 »
But he won't be, slippery little f**k*r that one.

Nick