Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2780587 times)

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11210 on: 21 March 2021, 14:31 »
Not sure I feel the need for more power- but i would like more at the top. Not sure it would do that?

rolling down the slippery slope!  :grin:

Ha, it certainly feels like a slippery slope- it's not something I need- but I think it's something I now want!
Thanks for the explanation. It's a good flexible engine for everyday use, but perhaps a remap would make it a bit more exciting for those golden moments when the road opens up.

@Kpow99, why did you go for Revo?

I didn’t need but wanted. Just taken life by the balls a little and thought it’s something always wanted to dabble with but never had the car to do it until now lol

Well I first went for Celtic Tuning E-motion box as I could change myself when I wanted but when I got the box it kept coming up with an error and CT said they need to send an engineer out, then I thought I have service coming soon so I’ll wait and just refund.  I looked around again and Revo popped up. They have been in the business for 20 years and do mainly VAG and had seen they had worked on a TCR race car and thought well they have some history.

I then looked for local dealer and one near Gatwick that have been in business for a good few years, had a look at website and they mainly do VAG Bentley. Had a chat with them and felt very comfortable despite they hadn’t seen a TCR but he said hundreds of R’s. Their current project car is a grey Arteon which they are doing black trim etc like TCR. They haven’t mapped yet as Revo haven’t cracked the ECU yet but going for styling and other mods at the moment. https://www.tcgarage.com/showcase/28/

We had a good chat and even though much more expensive I felt happy enough to pay for a good job. Which they did very well and had a good chat for the hour I was there.

You get what you pay for and I feel I got that, a very professional install and support going forward. All maps back to stock and back to stage 1 are free of charge. If I use v-power I can turn up the dial on the SPS, also position 1 is anti-theft. If I go away and leave the car I can turn on and it will kill the revs and can’t be driven at all.

Hope that answers your questions  :grin:

« Last Edit: 25 March 2021, 16:05 by Kpow99 »
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #11211 on: 21 March 2021, 14:49 »
Thanks. Keep us updated on how you find it
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline baka

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11212 on: 21 March 2021, 15:49 »
If you're looking for a map that will play down the is20's 'everything in the middle, parties over by 5k' tendencies, give the APR low torque map a look.

It doesn't have the monstrous lower mid range torque of a full fat map. I'd say it's closer to the stock map but faster everywhere. Whereas full maps capitalize on the turbos ability to make mid range power.

http://www.goapr.co.uk/products/ecu_upgrade_20tsi_gen3_mqb.html

If you play around with the power/torque plots on the graph you can see the difference in delivery.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #11213 on: 21 March 2021, 17:43 »
Thanks. Keep us updated on how you find it

Please - interested 👍
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #11214 on: 22 March 2021, 09:00 »
After the weekend discussion about tuning, I did the usual commute to work and didn't use more than half throttle and around 3.5k revs on single carriage A roads! It was still a great commute. 2 effortless overtaking manoeuvres, 37mpg.
Had a great drive in the pug on Saturday on some tight B roads. What a gearbox! What throttle response! What steering! What a car!

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11215 on: 22 March 2021, 11:10 »
Had a great drive in the pug on Saturday on some tight B roads. What a gearbox! What throttle response! What steering! What a car!

That’s thirty odd years of progress for you!  :whistle:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #11216 on: 22 March 2021, 11:31 »

That’s thirty odd years of progress for you!  :whistle:

It does make you think sometimes- how Peugeot nailed it all those years ago!
On that particular road, i'd take the Pug over anything!

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #11217 on: 24 March 2021, 22:22 »
So it has been quite sometime since I actually did anything to the GTI as I have been modding my 3er again lol.

But I have wanted to do the harmonic damper for a while and saw the thread for sale the other day and it came with the aero under trays (hadn't really heard about them before lol).

So this evening I finally got them all fitted up after purchasing them yesterday from imteyaz.

First time I've also properly looked at the full Akra too being under there lol.

Anyway, the aero trays consisted of the front exhaust tunnel, rear exhaust tunnel, rear axle cover and the suspension guards:

Front exhaust tunnel:

Rear exhaust tunnel:

Suspension guard:

All of them:

And a little sneaky harmonic damper in place too:

I'm genuinely really interested to see the difference in road noise, stability and possibly mpg (not that I ever really worry about it  :evil:).

Next up is the lower dogbone mount.
« Last Edit: 29 March 2021, 10:11 by rajb »

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11218 on: 25 March 2021, 16:05 »
Not sure I feel the need for more power- but i would like more at the top. Not sure it would do that?

rolling down the slippery slope!  :grin:

Ha, it certainly feels like a slippery slope- it's not something I need- but I think it's something I now want!
Thanks for the explanation. It's a good flexible engine for everyday use, but perhaps a remap would make it a bit more exciting for those golden moments when the road opens up.

@Kpow99, why did you go for Revo?

I didn’t need but wanted. Just taken life by the balls a little and thought it’s something always wanted to dabble with but never had the car to do it until now lol

Well I first went for Celtic Tuning E-motion box as I could change myself when I wanted but when I got the box it kept coming up with an error and CT said they need to send an engineer out, then I thought I have service coming soon so I’ll wait and just refund.  I looked around again and Revo popped up. They have been in the business for 20 years and do mainly VAG and had seen they had worked on a TCR race car and thought well they have some history.

I then looked for local dealer and one near Gatwick that have been in business for a good few years, had a look at website and they mainly do VAG Bentley. Had a chat with them and felt very comfortable despite they hadn’t seen a TCR but he said hundreds of R’s. Their current project car is a grey Arteon which they are doing black trim etc like TCR. They haven’t mapped yet as Revo haven’t cracked the ECU yet but going for styling and other mods at the moment. https://www.tcgarage.com/showcase/28/

We had a good chat and even though much more expensive I felt happy enough to pay for a good job. Which they did very well and had a good chat for the hour I was there.

You get what you pay for and I feel I got that, a very professional install and support going forward. All maps back to stock and back to stage 1 are free of charge. If I use v-power I can turn up the dial on the SPS, also position 1 is anti-theft. If I go away and leave the car I can turn on and it will kill the revs and can’t be driven at all.

Hope that answers your questions  :grin:

Revo map update.  So it’s been raining here and roads wet. In eco mode no worries pulling away and making progress at a good rate. So. Pulling away in sport with foot down...traction control light flashing until I lifted off at 60  :grin:

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11219 on: 28 March 2021, 16:30 »
Gave it a good vac out…bough a new Dyson V11 Oversize and works a treat, I said to the wife she can use it sometimes for doing the house…🤕🤕🙈🤣