Author Topic: Dragon Green Mk3 GTI  (Read 43208 times)

Offline DanChave

• I live here
Re: Mk3 GTI in Dragon Green....first Golf!
« Reply #10 on: 31 October 2012, 20:00 »
Good swag! What mm springs did you go for?

Offline bigun

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 31 October 2012, 21:02 »
Hi Callum,

Looking like this car is going to come on well, nice one! Do you have a link to the suppliers of your shocks? I need some new ones for my wife's car and I'm thinking decent shocks and springs rather than coilovers.

Cheers

Paul

Offline whileoceanasleeps

• I live here
  • patience comes to those who wait.
« Reply #12 on: 31 October 2012, 21:05 »
looking forward to some pics of your greenie all dropped!:)

Offline GOLF-MK3-GTI

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 31 October 2012, 21:47 »
This is coming along nicely, can't wait to see the package you get from rimstyle?  :drool:

Offline dragongreengolfgti

• I live here
  • my golf gti mk3
« Reply #14 on: 31 October 2012, 22:48 »
looking good and good choice of colour aswell  :wink: will keep an eye on this  :smiley:

Offline Callum_K

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 01 November 2012, 11:45 »
Thanks everyone for the positive comments! Hopeful my new wheels will arrive today.  :smiley:
Got a message from Euro Performance that my springs were dispatched straight from the manufacturer yesterday, opted for H&R 40mm springs so the ride should be great!

Hi Callum,

Looking like this car is going to come on well, nice one! Do you have a link to the suppliers of your shocks? I need some new ones for my wife's car and I'm thinking decent shocks and springs rather than coilovers.

Cheers

Paul

Paul I got them directly from FK in Germany, the website is www.carparts-tuning.co.uk
Came within 3 days.

Offline Callum_K

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 01 November 2012, 19:52 »
New wheels didn't arrive. Then on the way home from work I went to press my clutch and there was a bang and the pedal went straight to the floor and won't disengage the clutch :( Guess it's possibly the cable or been told it may be the release arm. Either way a pain in the ass, going to have the AA tow it to a garage tomorrow.

Offline trog_nfs

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 01 November 2012, 20:40 »
It will be the clip that holds the cable to the clutch arm on the outside of the gearbox

You see the bit with the hole in it underneath the clutch cable? I'd wager thats whats broken
« Last Edit: 01 November 2012, 21:23 by trog_nfs »

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 01 November 2012, 21:07 »
It will be the clip that holds the cable to the clutch arm on the outside of the gearbox

[img]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9168/p1010057oqi.jpg[img]
You see the bit with the hole in it underneath the clutch cable? I'd wager thats whats broken

My bets on this too. It's a pain in the ass, but at least its cheap and easy fix :)

Offline leigh_harty

• I live here
  • Audi AGU
« Reply #19 on: 01 November 2012, 21:42 »

[img]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9168/p1010057oqi.jpg[img]

My bets on this too. It's a pain in the ass, but at least its cheap and easy fix :)

I remember mine breaking (mk2) just as i set of from a set of lights... u-turn back to the garage i hgad come from  :grin: Its easy on a golf 2 and shouldnt be any harder with a mate on a 3
Dont lose your dinosaur!