Author Topic: MK3 Golf GTI Diamond Black!  (Read 12721 times)

Offline BISSONE

• GTI forum regular
Re: MK3 Golf GTI Diamond Black! Lamin-X'D up!
« Reply #40 on: 22 October 2011, 16:24 »
Righty ho first thing the handle i bought off ebay fitted gaitor on console a treat, also picked up bracket and screw from VW

Neway the point of the update done some Lamin-Xing on some its, Unfortunately my car had no reflectors when i bought it so £6 off the bay later and turned up, few marks but fort worth a bash, So sanded the writing off the front and went for it

Also when i went to remove my front fogs found both had a dirty crack up the front so back to the bay lol

Pretty chuffed to be honest! think they look alot better but not too dark, also impressed with Lamin-X never used before but would recomend it. Just see if it stands test of time when fitted.

Just headlights to do when i get around to removing them.

Offline BISSONE

• GTI forum regular
Re: MK3 Golf GTI Diamond Black!
« Reply #41 on: 14 December 2011, 23:39 »
Just thought id make an update on this before it goes into the relm of the lost and unwanted lol.

Anyway nothing majorly exciting to declair really but here goes....
Finaly moved to my new house a month ago and made the brave and idiotic 10 mile trip in the MK3 to the new house, bearing in mind shes harldy been moved since i bought her and has no TAX or Insurance (has MOT though so 1 out of 3 aint bad) so neway thought id leave it till abit later in the evening as was abit quieter on the roads. Ill set the scene baby in the back of the daily screaming while my missus was reving the passat to try and bump-start the MK3 while we sit there in the dark freezing  :undecided: so eventually 15 mins later get it going then relising the pertol is abit on the low side! So after a quick warm up and drive to the local petrol station feeling abit optomistic it would start again i filled her up and suprise suprise she wouldnt lol so again the scene baby in the back of the daily screaming while my missus was reving the passat to try and bump-start the MK3 sat on a texaco fore court on the A5 lol neway finaly got there so all was well just thought it was funny really!

So been of work a couple of days holiday before chrimbo so thought it was a good time to strip the rot box and see what surprises lay ahead:

So yeah a few more wholes to contend with, areas around both gromets for ABS sensors i assume, are fubar aswel as the passenger floor front and back. Funny how drivers side is mint lol! Few bubbles around the rear turrets and a few scabs behind back bumper but nothin major, nothing a grit blaster wont clear.

Every cloud has a silver lining though as upon removing the rear seats i found a pound coin and a gold ring...WINNER :grin: so quick trip down to a couple of jewelers and turns out its a 15 carat gold ring made in 1890 lol so 121 years old! got £45 for it aswel so not a bad day really! 

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #42 on: 15 December 2011, 00:10 »
Those bl00dy grommets! they, alongside plastic sill trim accelerate the tin worm process for MK3s!

Ah well, at least you're attacking it now before it gets any worse, because it will, and fast....

Can't believe you found that ring, how lucky was that!? Doesn't sound like you got enough for it if it's that old but then I know feck all about antiques.  :grin:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #43 on: 15 December 2011, 10:40 »
Can't believe you found that ring, how lucky was that!? Doesn't sound like you got enough for it if it's that old

I have a feeling your right, it has to be worth more. :undecided:

Offline BISSONE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #44 on: 15 December 2011, 13:07 »
Lol it was just sold on scrap value by its weight, both jewelers i took it to offered me the same amount, it werent really sumat id ware so sod it lol. Was quite happy though £46 for nout!

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
« Reply #45 on: 16 December 2011, 21:43 »
Interesting, v.interesting...

GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
« Reply #46 on: 16 December 2011, 22:43 »
These Mk3's are full of surprises. I found a big doobie under my back seat.

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline madmanmart

• I live here
« Reply #47 on: 16 December 2011, 23:21 »
That mk3 is seriously not worth saving....... Ive broke much better ones for parts.

Full credit to you if you try but I would'nt touch it.

My track car is just a rotton as this and thats got a one way ticket to the crusher once ive had my fun out of it and re-shell it.

Mk3 Golf 3dr GTI 16v
Mk3 Golf Cabriolet TD
20vt Corrado track car project

Offline BISSONE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #48 on: 16 December 2011, 23:37 »
Lol it is a heap im the first to admit it, tbh i may still break it yet as my hearts not really in it! I sold my MK2 recently which id started to restore and seriously regreted it as soon as i handed over the keys. Im currently selling aload of parts anyway and if i can get enough for them may sell the bits off this and buy another MK2 as i do love them.