Author Topic: Adi's mk3 golf GTI  (Read 6389 times)

Offline Seanl

• I live here
Re: Adi's mk3 golf GTI
« Reply #10 on: 13 August 2011, 19:59 »
Much better!  :cool: Surprised your raping the Mk2 for this though, I take it its nearing the end of its life!?
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 13 August 2011, 20:03 »
Nowhere near, the body has seen better days but its barely run in at 221k  :cool:

I'm only raping it for the coilovers cuz she wanted the mk2 raising anyway and I gave her the mk2 on the condition I had the coilovers back  :grin: :grin:

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 13 August 2011, 20:15 »
Who's got lows? You got fcuking lows!  :grin:

That is looking so much better!

In regards to selling my wheels mate, i would but shipping would be a b!tch! Cost me £80 to get the TT Speedlines sent over  :cry:

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 13 August 2011, 22:21 »
Actually its nowhere near low enough for my standards. If I get chance tomorrow after hacking the arches its going down more. The mk2's subframe was literally half an inch from tarmac, and this has loads of room under the subframe and I've not even adjusted them since swapping them from the GTD, so I guess the GTD lump is heavier than the 2E. I also need some different wheels, these have loads of tread on the tyres so I'm not changing them, but 205/50s are too big! I seriously cannot turn the steering wheel much at all without nearly ripping the arch trims off. I do like the fact it looks so much like a VR6 though, but I'm no wannabe. I'd even swap the wheels for a set of longbeaches just to get low and still be able to drive the damn thing  :grin:

Until I get new wings I might have a butchers at my stockpile of vinyls and see if I have anything close to mystic blue just so it doesn't look so ratty!

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #14 on: 13 August 2011, 22:47 »
Theres been lower adi. Roll the arches. Am running 205/50s on my mk2 and it doesnt touch the arch

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #15 on: 13 August 2011, 23:09 »
Switch to 195/50/15's, will give you loads more room

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 14 August 2011, 00:23 »
For the price of another set of tyres I could get another set of wheels so that seems like the sensible option  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #17 on: 15 August 2011, 20:41 »
Looking forward to seeing this progress :cool:

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 15 August 2011, 21:04 »
Me too, but I've got to swap my wheels for something else pronto, I've raised the front coilies 10mm to prevent some scrubbage, its not as bad now, but still not good, the tyres catch the chassis on full lock, and my tracking is out so badly I've got both wheels toeing out and one has more positive camber than the other to stop it catching the coilover! Its just a disaster at the mo! I'm starting to wish I'd just left the 60mm springs on till I found some o0ther wheels now  :rolleyes:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #19 on: 15 August 2011, 21:14 »
For the price of another set of tyres I could get another set of wheels so that seems like the sensible option  :smiley: :smiley:

Valid point :afro: