Author Topic: Adi's mk3 golf GTI  (Read 6388 times)

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
Adi's mk3 golf GTI
« on: 12 August 2011, 18:50 »
As some may know last weekend I picked up this billy bargain of a mk3 GTI for myself so I could sign the mk2 GTD over to my missus. It was however missing quite a few bits, namely 3 arch trims, side skirts, speakers, speaker covers, badges, and it has 2 front wings the wrong colour. However it did come with loads of MOT, lowered 60mm, average mileage, early BBS VR6 wheels, and a rather sexy VR black leather interior. I didn't take any good pics of it as I got it so heres a few I took earlier since fitting side skirts (missing the usual strips), arch trims and GTI rear lights as it had non GTI ones on it.

All being well next week it'l have 2 new doors and 2 new wings (in the right colour) and I'l be swapping the suspension with the mk2 so it'l be a lot lower!

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: Adi's mk3 golf GTI
« Reply #1 on: 12 August 2011, 23:43 »
Looks a sound enough project base :afro:

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 13 August 2011, 07:02 »
Any opinons on wheel choice? Don't want to spend too much on it (I'm no scene queen), looking at spending £200-250 on wheels and tyres (mainly because the car doesn't owe me much more and I won't spend more on wheels than I paid for it  :grin:). Would like some TT wheels, but I'm not sure I want 17s. Also bare in mind it'l be on the deck too  :cool:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 13 August 2011, 08:09 »
Any opinons on wheel choice? Don't want to spend too much on it (I'm no scene queen), looking at spending £200-250 on wheels and tyres (mainly because the car doesn't owe me much more and I won't spend more on wheels than I paid for it  :grin:). Would like some TT wheels, but I'm not sure I want 17s. Also bare in mind it'l be on the deck too  :cool:

You can get TT rims in 16", if you slamming it then 15" or 16" is the best choice.

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 13 August 2011, 10:01 »
But will they have balloon tyres?

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #5 on: 13 August 2011, 10:10 »
But will they have balloon tyres?

Not really 195/50/15's or 195/45/16's are good choices and with the car slammed they will look fine.

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 13 August 2011, 14:11 »
Im putting the coilovers off the mk2 as we speak. Pics later if the rusty strut bolts dont beat me. Might have to raise them though what with the mk3 being heavier!

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 13 August 2011, 15:01 »
If you stick a fiver in the forum donation next week Tuesday and PM me your address, I'll send you the covers for those rear seat belts mate.

Good base though.  :cool:

EDIT: Oh and speaker covers if you need.
« Last Edit: 13 August 2011, 15:02 by Bellend »

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 13 August 2011, 18:49 »
Its alright mate I've got some mk2 rear seatbelts sat in my garage that I'm gonna rape for its covers, And I've bought a full set of standard speakers and speaker covers too  :cool: Just getting my priorities right, lows first!

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 13 August 2011, 19:19 »
My mk3 has hit new lows  :grin: However it is suffering with some serious tyre to arch contact so I'l have to get the hacksaw to my arches tomorrow  :wink: