Author Topic: Josho's MK3's. Wishbone bushes in, one sump plug just isn't enough.  (Read 22951 times)

Offline Bellend

• I live here
Re: Josho's GTI. MK3 - Award for the WORST pictures ever?
« Reply #10 on: 19 June 2011, 22:11 »
Looks good mate even with the worst pics ever. £100 what a bargain i paid 200 for mine and it was a lot worse than yours :afro:

Yeah wasn't bad at all. Cheers mate.

Right, debate time.

Do I go for looks on this one, or keep it fairly standard, anniversary lights at the front, maybe the stripe, backbox and Hella twins or joey the lights (although I'm sure after going down lanes in this the other day that Joeying dims them down a fair bit) and lower it?

Then I can put the smoothed bumper back on the 1.6, do a lot of paintwork on that one, sort the exhaust and bumpers, really get it looking fresh then my brother can use it or I'll 16v it still.

Or do I go for looks on this one and put the smooth bumper on it?  :undecided:

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #11 on: 20 June 2011, 00:03 »
Bargain hunter of the week award goes to you fine sir.  :smiley:

Offline tomScotland mk3GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 20 June 2011, 00:22 »
ABS - take the warning light cover on the right of the dash off and see if the bulb is connected/broken/missing......

Offline Jack3559

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 20 June 2011, 16:14 »
No point tarting up the 1.6 just to give it away.

Also not much point going 16V in the gti.

Why not keep the 8V as the slow one, then do something different entirely with the 1.6?

What about a Mk4 1.6 16V with a few tasty mods, 108bhp as standard... Cheaper on insurance, nice looking engine in the bay and it's a bit different to the 20VT/VR6 conversions you always see.

Not a lot of extra power in the conversion, but it'd still be worth it with a few tweaks and a map IMHO.

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 20 June 2011, 16:49 »
ABS - take the warning light cover on the right of the dash off and see if the bulb is connected/broken/missing......

It's blown mate. I reckon that's due to the fact it's been stuck on for ages, ABS deffo not working. Will find a spare bulb in my room or swap it with a white LED.

No point tarting up the 1.6 just to give it away.

Also not much point going 16V in the gti.

Why not keep the 8V as the slow one, then do something different entirely with the 1.6?

What about a Mk4 1.6 16V with a few tasty mods, 108bhp as standard... Cheaper on insurance, nice looking engine in the bay and it's a bit different to the 20VT/VR6 conversions you always see.

Not a lot of extra power in the conversion, but it'd still be worth it with a few tweaks and a map IMHO.

I'm going to try and find out if I can insure both under the same policy for not too much, I can only drive one at a time!

You know what I was thinking actually? A 1.4TDI engine from something. Something under the 1549cc tax band and it'll be economic then!

This won't be happening for a while though!

Offline Jack3559

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 20 June 2011, 17:41 »
I was going to suggest that but no one usually listens because I'm a diesel nerd.

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 20 June 2011, 18:22 »
 :grin:

Watch this space.

Waiting on sisters boyfriend, fitting a sub & amp to his Celica then going to attempt (rain and me not falling asleep dependant) on swapping the stock suspension from the GTI to the 1.6. Wanted to strip and paint the coilovers at work tomorrow but then it means another day I won't be insured in it so might just stop being a weirdo and swap them tonight.  :grin:

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 20 June 2011, 18:37 »
Gaaaaaahhhhhhhh what do I do?

Wanted the GTI by the weekend but still have love for the 1.6 so happy to keep driving it for now.

Do I take the callipers and carriers off, take the coilovers take them all into work and 2 pack prime them tomorrow then go orange on the callipers?

Or just stick the suspension on, leave the rusty callipers and just drive the poxy thing.  :grin:

Offline Jack3559

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 20 June 2011, 18:41 »

Wanted the GTI by the weekend but still have love for the 1.6 so happy to keep driving it for now.

Do I take the callipers and carriers off, take the coilovers take them all into work and 2 pack prime them tomorrow then go orange on the callipers?

Or just stick the suspension on, leave the rusty callipers and just drive the poxy thing.  :grin:

Stop being a homo, do that and bloody enjoy it!

You won't see them behind long beaches anyway.

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #19 on: 20 June 2011, 18:50 »

Stop being a homo, do that and bloody enjoy it!

You won't see them behind long beaches anyway.

I disagree, take your time & do it properly :wink:

Great buy btw, i'm sure it'll look awesome with a little tlc :smiley: