Author Topic: Anniversary Mystic Blue  (Read 48080 times)

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
Anniversary Mystic Blue
« on: 01 March 2011, 17:07 »
Hi,

This is my 1st car that i ever got (was originaly thinking of getting a 1.4 civic but my mate got me out of it) the the insurance on this is only £100 more so i got it in june 2007. fell in love with it and married it at the registery office. it needed quiet a few things doing to it. after i got it the next day i replaced it with a breather hose (£15 from dealer). then clutch (as that was on its way), i found out that my exhaust baffles where kapoot so i got a powerflow exhaust

I then got some jom coilovers (my unc fitted them on after he spent a night at work (thank you chach :smiley: )

Before:

After:

I have done the dials red and the heater controls red too. the window switches are red too

This car has made me feel proud ALOT of times  :wink:

so the story continues
as you guys are aware i had the engine jet washed and then saw the rocker cover and decided to get it sorted.

This was the jet wash:

So after seeing everyone upload pics of their cars i thought why not as i always felt down when i lifted the bonnet on my car (no not because its an nippy 8v GTI)   anyway as my mate cleaned my engine bay out with GUNK and some Alloy Wheel Cleaner i thought id take pics. all Thanks to him, as i didnt have the balls to do the jet wash and he has experiance in cleaning them. so here are the results sorry i didnt take before pics of the engine bay only when he started to spray the GUNK Degreeser on the engine.

this is what it looked like after the gunk sprayed

rocker cover

Spark plugs

The Blackened OILED Gearbox

The Results:

the Rocker cover

The Gearbox

The Battery

The Engine

the engine looks very dry so i got some GUNK laquare and willspray that everywere

Tomorrow will be the rocker cover painted in met red that i got from halfrauds (very high temp)

more pics to follow

Have FUN 

p.s comments welcome!!!
« Last Edit: 19 December 2012, 19:59 by sharki786 »
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
Re: Mystic Possible lol
« Reply #1 on: 01 March 2011, 17:26 »
UPDATE:

as promissed: on sunday i took the rocker cover off and decided to have a play with it.

this is what it looked like after a jet wash:

so i got to work:

getting preped:

took me ages:

Tools & Equipment:

started to rub the rocker cover down then though hang on ive got nitros mors and got deadly with that: :tongue:

see how deadly i can get??  :evil:

this is the red that i got:

This was the state of the breather pipe cover:

After the spraying this was the results:

The rocker cover after the nitros:

All preped up and ready for action:

After the 1st few coats:

i was very suprised on how it turned out concidering that its my 1st time i ever held a spray can  :shocked:

and the last coat all dried up and ready to go on:

then got abit carried away:  :grin:

and this is what it looks like on the engine:

took me over 3 hours. i was well chuffed with the results.
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 01 March 2011, 18:08 »
Nice Jim Jams!!  :grin: Good effort mate, good luck with the rest of the project. How did you get the breather for 15 quid from the dealer though!!?? I thought they were about 40 quid!
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #3 on: 01 March 2011, 18:12 »
Nice work the engine looks sweet now looks better lowered aswell.....
Golf Gti

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #4 on: 01 March 2011, 18:17 »
mate to get rid of the dry looking engine the Gunk leaves, you need to spray loads of WD40  :wink:

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
« Reply #5 on: 01 March 2011, 18:23 »
Nice Jim Jams!!  :grin: Good effort mate, good luck with the rest of the project. How did you get the breather for 15 quid from the dealer though!!?? I thought they were about 40 quid!

lol that was the misses, she was more excited then me haha. p.s it was the top breather not the one that comes from the bottom of the block

thanks  :smiley:

Nice work the engine looks sweet now looks better lowered aswell.....
thanks blue. ye hell lot better around the bends too  :tongue:

mate to get rid of the dry looking engine the Gunk leaves, you need to spray loads of WD40  :wink:

i got some of the gunk engine laquare

thanks for the comments all!!!  :wink:

just tried my head light adjusters. the motors dont move. i know they do work as my mate directed them to the battery and they worked fine. its either the loom (i dont think it is) or its the switch (1.2.3)
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #6 on: 01 March 2011, 18:33 »
that gunk laq u mention is TERRIBLE it turns yellow after time and is perminant, i wouldnt use it (is it in blue tin?)

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
« Reply #7 on: 01 March 2011, 18:40 »
yep is it. so wd40 all the way then?

cheers bud
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 01 March 2011, 18:46 »

lol that was the misses, she was more excited then me haha. p.s it was the top breather not the one that comes from the bottom of the block

thanks  :smiley:

Yeah thats what I was talking about! Better get mesen down to the stealers tomorrow and ask then!
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
« Reply #9 on: 01 March 2011, 18:48 »
i might be able to get one for you il find out a price for you. its in good condition to. pm me if you want. il pm you a price.
*****MK4 GTI T*****