Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 796984 times)

Offline luchina

• Just got here
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #260 on: 19 December 2013, 12:49 »
Hi  :laugh:

I am using the version of VCDS 12.12.0 and I have a Golf 1.4 TSI VII.

Last night I was messing with the VCDS, I accessed the central 55-XenonRange and location of Long Coding, tried to enable the "City Lights" option. After noticing that nothing happened, I went back to the original configuration.

After this, I noticed that an error appeared stating that he was having problems with AFS.
Checked the fault code and includes the following:

Address 55: Xenon Range       Labels: 7P6-907-357.CLB
Control Module Part Number: 7P6 907 357 A    HW: 7P6 907 357 A
  Component and/or Version: AFS-ECU       H07 0080
           Software Coding: 029A00000B000200
            Work Shop Code: WSC 01357 011 00200
              ASAM Dataset: EV_HeadlRegulVWAFSMQB 001120 (VW37)
                      VCID: 3D74BC7CAC64EEF6BF5-8068
1 Fault Found:

5275220 - Headlight
          C107E 54 [137] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting
          MIL ON - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 1
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 29
                    Mileage: 424 km
                    Date: 2013.12.18
                    Time: 22:02:02

After this, I do not know what to do, I have tried to do a 'clear faults' but the error remains afterwards. I noticed that when I start my car, the headlights make that initial autotuning (jogging up and down).

I also noticed that after this error, that curve light (a light that lights up to illuminate sideways when the steering wheel is turned) does not light more!

I need your help,
Thank you!

Offline Darayavahus

• Just got here
« Reply #261 on: 02 January 2014, 14:31 »
A bit different question. Has anyone found out a coding to enable\disable PreCrash feature? All I know there are no specific hardware devices like power windows, sunroof, or seatbelts listed in ETKA to comply with PreCrash system so it should be just a matter of coding. I would love to avoid spending 150euro on a feature that can be software enabled.

Offline MajorKhan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #262 on: 02 January 2014, 14:54 »
Hi Guys,

Has any body figured out how to disable the safety feature on videos....when I play a video through my iphone it turns off whilst driving, would be nice if it would stay on...
From a Pulsar GTIR, MK4 Golf 1.8t, BMW 1series, BMW 330, Merc C280, A3 TDi, A4 2.0t Quattro...on order Mk7 T/Red GTD nav/pan roof/dynoaudio and ABT headlight brow BW44!

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #263 on: 02 January 2014, 17:20 »
video in motion hang been done yet although someone over on a different form claims to have but then suddenly didn't reply when people started asking questions.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline VW_rabbiter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #264 on: 04 January 2014, 14:31 »
Whilst not strictly a VCDS mod par se, I'm going to give this mod a go probably over Christmas when I'm next off. It's replacing the lower door red reflectors with proper active lights.

I did this mod in my previous Scirocco and all I needed to do was buy the light modules, some repair wires and 2 connectors from VW parts department (think the whole thing came to £20 ish). Just 2 wires from the lights need to be fed into the door control module, then adding them into the door module coding using VCDS. They look like this when done (this is my old Scirocco). As it happens, I removed the units from the Scirocco before part exchanging it, so I still have them in the garage.I've done a dry run, and the light units fit perfectly, and the red reflectors part number is exactly the same as the Scirocco / Golf 5 and Golf 6.

Door Light by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Now the new Audi A3 (8V), doesn't come with reflectors, but instead active door lights. I've checked ETKA and the circuit diagrams for both the A3 (8V) and the Golf 7 (5P), and they seem to share the same module, it's just that VW have decided not to use the door warning lights at all. Checking the diagram, Terminal 16 of the 32pin connector is the one that sends power to the door lights. It's wired up on the A3 but left empty on the Golf. The negative is the shared negative that the whole door module uses.

When I get round to doing it, I'll post up more photos and a how to for everyone. I know some people will say it's not needed because of the ambient lighting, but being illuminated red straight on, and white light straight down, really makes the door stand out at night and provides quite a bit of additional floor illumination at the rear of the door area.

Hi Sootchucker,
any luck of this retrofit?
 :smug:

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #265 on: 06 January 2014, 13:11 »
Hi

Happy new year fellow GTI/D owners.

Out of interest, has anyone had a look around in the heated seats module? I would love to have the setting of the heated seats retained so that I don't have to keep going to all the effort of pressing that button three times whenever I get in the car..these cold mornings are going to see it being used every day!

Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #266 on: 06 January 2014, 13:30 »
Hey!  You got the car!!  :laugh:

How is it? What do you think of the Dynaudio system?

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #267 on: 06 January 2014, 13:38 »
Hey!  You got the car!!  :laugh:

How is it? What do you think of the Dynaudio system?

Hi Mark, yes, now officially a GTD owner!!  :laugh:

The car is absolutely fantastic, so glad I cancelled the GT, and the Dynaudio is superb - needed to tweak the equaliser a bit but think I've got it spot on. Love the deep pearl black too. DSG far better than anticipated. I've now come to the realisation too that MPGs are a distraction from fun..so MPG average is banned from the MFD display!

Going to try get some VCDS mods lined up soon, as the car was pre-45 I have the wing mirrors that only unfold on ignition - really not too big a deal (as the excellent xenons soon distract me when unlocking in the dark!), but a nice to have.

All in all, great decision - thanks for your assistance!
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #268 on: 06 January 2014, 14:08 »
VW_rabbiter - no sorry, too bloody wet and windy over the Christmas holidays (didn't even manage to clean it)  :smiley: I'll have to wait for the warmer weather now.

As regards Jivemonkey's request over retaining the heat seat settings, then yes, this can be activated

Module 08 (Climate)
Setting 10 adjustment channels
From the long drop down box select channel "storage of the seat heater level driver"
Adjust value to active (Default value: not activated)

Select channel "storage of the passenger seat heating stage"
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #269 on: 06 January 2014, 14:23 »
As regards Jivemonkey's request over retaining the heat seat settings, then yes, this can be activated

Module 08 (Climate)
Setting 10 adjustment channels
From the long drop down box select channel "storage of the seat heater level driver"

Select channel "storage of the passenger seat heating stage"

:laugh:

Excellent work! Thank you! Starting to justify the cost of the cable to myself here.. :grin: