Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 379186 times)

Offline Podge92

• GTI forum regular
i like the bonnet! very differant

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Glad you back working on this...good to see you've got a few problems sorted to!!

Cheers fella. Me to.

Yeah man!!!!!!  :cool:

:grin:

Those photos are blatantly from 2010  :tongue:  :laugh:

Good work mate :afro:

Shhhhhh, don't tell everyone!  :laugh:

WOAHHH..easy tiger  :laugh:

good to see an update.. You guna put in for an mot seeming as its insured 

There's another one coming in a few minutes.  It's always insured regardless.  I hope to soon yeah. Need to fix the exhaust first.

Good work here Shaun, nice to see you actually doing something for a change! :grin:

Thanks.  :wink: Believe me, I'm always doing something... Sadly it never seems to be on the car. No news yet.

i like the bonnet! very differant

Thanks, it won't be staying long though.  May have an even more interesting one on it some day soon.  :lipsrsealed:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Black From The Dead (ALARMING!!! P167)
« Reply #1662 on: 12 March 2012, 22:15 »
I still haven't got any money for any fancy stuff right now so can only get on with things that I have lying around or simply requires my time, so......................................

Yes that's right, lots of messy wires...  If you've followed this from the start then you'll know I was forced to bin all of the cars wiring and start again. Click Here for a refresher.  I've rewired it all now and as a result I was quite reluctant to chop in a new alarm.

Today was the day I bit the bullet  The above is an extreme close up (to not give too much away) of a new system I have had for a while.

I left the previous systems central locking solenoids in and had oodles of fun getting them to work again without any reference to their wiring etc.  :rolleyes:

Remote central locking now working,
Interior and Exterior Microwave sensors working with an adjustable radius of up to 1m away from the vehicle
Shock sensors working, don't sneeze near it! (kidding)
Door, bonnet and boot triggers fitted.
Oh and the nice and flashy blue LED

All that's left to do is a hell of a lot of tidying.  You have no idea how painful it was to cut in to some of the cars new looms.  :cry:  But hey, at least I know it was done properly this time.  :cool:

A friend of mine bought me a very thoughtful Christmas present. He came to VW Whitenoise with me last summer and said my dash was bugging him (he's a little OCD).

Present Fitted

« Last Edit: 12 March 2012, 23:42 by SoundillusioN »

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
That is an update that i like to see :cool: not even going to insult you, for a change.

Keep it up :afro:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Finally something that warrants a reply :grin:

I've been keeping an eye on your thread as usual Shaun, it's just nice to see some progress :afro:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
nice man!  :cool:

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
Keep watching in the shadows
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
That is an update that i like to see :cool: not even going to insult you, for a change.

Keep it up :afro:

Yeah but I know you only do it to spur me on.  :kiss:

Finally something that warrants a reply :grin:

I've been keeping an eye on your thread as usual Shaun, it's just nice to see some progress :afro:

I know, I have been pretty lame in recent months.. busy man... I'll try to keep the updates worthwhile.

nice man!  :cool:

Cheers Guy.  :wink:

Keep watching in the shadows

Better than not at all.  :grin:

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
Thing is with work and that i just dont get the time at the moment to get on here.. I really need to update my mk2 thread as its still here lol
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Thing is with work and that i just dont get the time at the moment to get on here.. I really need to update my mk2 thread as its still here lol

It's OK, you make me look good in comparison... Have you got a mk2?  :grin:

If you've got updates for it then yes, they need to be on here....