Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 379556 times)

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
Re: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Black From The Dead
« Reply #1590 on: 21 February 2012, 21:47 »
I say do it mate, break away from the trend,

Hope you do it, and look forward to any progress  :smiley:

Insurance gone up?  :sick:
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #1591 on: 21 February 2012, 23:30 »
I say do it mate, break away from the trend,

Hope you do it, and look forward to any progress  :smiley:

Insurance gone up?  :sick:

I was shocked, they offered me the same as last year.  £162 Comprehensive with the missus on as a named driver...  Like she's going to be going anywhere in it, I don't drive it myself at the moment.  :grin:

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
« Reply #1592 on: 22 February 2012, 08:05 »
Cheap Cheap  :cool:
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #1593 on: 23 February 2012, 19:11 »
love the akai car, do it!

grp2 arches as well?

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #1594 on: 24 February 2012, 11:25 »
love the akai car, do it!

grp2 arches as well?

Well obviously I've jumped the gun a bit as the car has a few high priorities that need addressing before I even start thinking about it's looks again.  These thoughts just kicked off again after seeing what Nick is planning to do to his Mk2

Ideally I would like to do it like the group 2 car (berg cup arches and front valance) but I fear doing hard to reverse work to the car by cutting metal arches back for fitment.  It's also worth noting that the eary group 1 car was running standard kit, followed by arches similar to mine which are BBS so to me mine is somewhere in the middle.  :grin:

RLR Group 1 AKAI Golf

RLR Group 1 AKAI Golf (revised)

RLR Group 2 AKAI Golf

I could take it a step further and incorporate my UR-Quattro Bonnet.  :lipsrsealed:

Graphics will be a pain as they will obviously need making up and I  won't know where to start.

If anyone gets bored and wants to play with photoshop and my car, please do, it might help the decision making process  :kiss:

« Last Edit: 24 February 2012, 14:26 by SoundillusioN »

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #1595 on: 24 February 2012, 11:33 »
I'll have a go with PS tonight.

Graphics are easy to sort. You just need to measure up the dimensions and send photos to a sign writer and they'll be able to knock it all out for less than a ton.

Nick

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #1596 on: 24 February 2012, 11:38 »

Graphics are easy to sort. You just need to measure up the dimensions and send photos to a sign writer and they'll be able to knock it all out for less than a ton.

Nick

This! You should do it. Although i would mix it up between the two! Go for the number 51 though! :cool: :grin:

Good news on the insurance front!

What about a ticket when does that run out?

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #1597 on: 24 February 2012, 11:49 »

Nick

Awesome.... Thanks mate, appreciate it. Don't put yourself out though. Have a look at http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/5130749.aspx some guy has had a go on Forza but did it on a mk2.  It's about two thirds of the way down the page.

It's the fonts and branded stuff I was more concerned about, mind you I did find some AKAI logo's quite easily on the net that could be copied I suppose.

You should do it. Although i would mix it up between the two! Go for the number 51 though! :cool: :grin:

Good news on the insurance front!

What about a ticket when does that run out?

My thoughts exactly.

Why the number 51?

MOT runs out next month as per the date in my sig. Man the last 12 months has gone so quick.  :shocked:

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #1598 on: 24 February 2012, 12:47 »
Remember to check with your insurer about the impact of sticking graphics all over it before commissioning this.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #1599 on: 24 February 2012, 13:04 »
Remember to check with your insurer about the impact of sticking graphics all over it before commissioning this.

Good point I almost overlooked.  I'd like to think it won't hurt me too much considering what I'm paying at the moment.  Never say never though, it could put me off.  My renewal has recently come through so I might give them a quick ring and see where I stand.

More importantly, If I choose to go down the group 2 body style one day then I'm sure that will have an impact on it too.  Wonder what their thoughts are on fibreglass bonnets..............  :lipsrsealed: