Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 379226 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
................ oh and now i've seen this I must get those front valance lights fitted now!

« Last Edit: 16 June 2011, 23:10 by SoundillusioN »

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
What did you decide with the quattro bonnet in the end.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
What did you decide with the quattro bonnet in the end.

It's still happening... just needs a lot of work and I have some figuring out to do with it.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Mate at work who is an aircooled fan and lent me his tapping kit for my driveshaft has said I can use his garage to spray the golf.... he has a decent space and a compressor but needs to have a clean out first.

Hmmm..... is this something I can get done before action... Boy I hope so!

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
Mate at work who is an aircooled fan and lent me his tapping kit for my driveshaft has said I can use his garage to spray the golf.... he has a decent space and a compressor but needs to have a clean out first.

Why are you typing that when you should be cleaning out a lockup??

:smiley:

Hope you get it done mate, I'm in a similar situation at the mo'.

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot

Go for it :afro:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero

Why are you typing that when you should be cleaning out a lockup??

:smiley:

Hope you get it done mate, I'm in a similar situation at the mo'.

Go for it :afro:

I offered to help him but he said I can't, there's stuff he needs to do first, might be a little while yet.. In the mean time I need to start straightening mine up more! Dents and repairs here and there need addressing... At some point I've got to take the windscreen out and fix the little rusty leak that I bodged.  :undecided:

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
Windscreen out = fun and games :laugh:

Seriously though engineers blue (chalk) makes fitting and removing the rubbers a lot easier and so long as you're careful, have a helper, wear gloves etc it'll be cool. I took the windscreen out of my old Golf before respray and it wasn't too bad. but then there was 4 of us.

Prep will make the difference between good and stunning job.

Pity you're so far away otherwise I'd pop round to give you a hand.

Looking forward to some pic's though.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Windscreen out = fun and games :laugh:

Seriously though engineers blue (chalk) makes fitting and removing the rubbers a lot easier and so long as you're careful, have a helper, wear gloves etc it'll be cool. I took the windscreen out of my old Golf before respray and it wasn't too bad. but then there was 4 of us.

Prep will make the difference between good and stunning job.

Pity you're so far away otherwise I'd pop round to give you a hand.

Looking forward to some pic's though.

Cheers for the tips buddy.... I feel that I may need a new screen, it's already got a chip with small webs coming off it so imagine it will be weak when trying to put it back in...

Don't talk to me about prep!  :grin:  You've seen my project pages, I spent fooking days and days on just the bodykit alone!

Sometimes I think i'd like a hand, my mates are rubbish when it comes to cars most of the time so end up just doing stuff while they watch!

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
 :grin:

Yeah fully comp insurance makes windscreen changing a cinch.

I know what you mean about mates offering to help, the intention is good, but you just either spend time telling them what to do or doing it again after they've left  :lipsrsealed:

Prep separates the men from the boys, as you know, I'm quite anal in that I enjoy it  :nerd: