Author Topic: £100 on the spot fine for careless drivers come into force today  (Read 5139 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Think you should get points as well as a fine. You need to threaten people's license's to help improve their ways

That and the driving test needs to be harder and incorporate all aspects of driving. How many of you had lessons at night for example........

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
this is all well and good, but when was the last time you saw a copper on a motorway  :whistle:

.*retro*......theres an unmarked R32 on the M6 Toll

:grin: :grin:

Offline Nino

• I live here
If im honest this does raise a few question, I.E I was always told on motorways, you stay left and if overtaking do it only in the right hand lanes I.E 2 & 3. (on the basis on a 3 lane motorway) but on normal roads such with two lanes you can undertake if the cars in the outta lane are driving below the limit. What I am slightly wondering is, all to often, cars travelling in lane 1 do 40-60mph which is fine because I generally cruise around 50-65 to see how high i can get my MPG marker lol
However I do find on occasions that I will encounter a large line of traffic travelling well under 50mph sometimes upto 6-11 cars/vans/trucks
So if I was to overtake these then tuck back into lane 1 when it is safe to do so, due to me being within lane 2/3 for a long period of time would this infact be classed as "lane hogging"  :huh:
Also I totally agree that I still see many people on there phones while driving this needs to stop all to often my horn has had to wake a few day dreaming drivers that are more focused on there phonecall than the road.
They have, however missed a vital yet important one, all to often I see women doing their makeup while driving, surely this deserves a fine also?
« Last Edit: 17 August 2013, 13:16 by Nino »
VW Car history
Mk3 1.8 GL - Silver - 5 door
Mk4 1.8t - Silver - 3 door
Mk4 R32 - Black - 5 door
Mk5 GTi - Black - 5 door
Mk4 R32 - Deep Pearl Blue - 3 door
MK6 2.0 TDI - Graphite Blue - 5 door
MK7 GTD - Solid Black - 5 door
MK6 GTi Edition 35 - Candy White - 3 door

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
Be prepared for more accidents as Brits' don't do change very well, creature habits  :whistle:

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
This whole thing depends how it is enforced.  The big problem is that a lot of the enforcement is subjective.

If the notices are enforced reasonably then it won't be a problem.  If coppers decide to use them as a revenue generator, then the most important element of the whole situation is how to effectively challenge one of the notices, if you think it is unreasonable.  I would imagine PEPIPOO are all over this already.

I think it is unlikely this will cause more accidents.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
Think you should get points as well as a fine. You need to threaten people's license's to help improve their ways

That and the driving test needs to be harder and incorporate all aspects of driving. How many of you had lessons at night for example........

I did, and bad weather and motorway :tongue: Although that was the advance driving corse after I passed and got me 50% off my insurance :smug:

My house mate in Oz has just been fined for speeding at 10km/h over the limit and got a $1000 fine and 6 demerit points, you get 12 point before your licence is taken off you and its double points and fine on any bank holiday weekend! So you can guess what all the cops are doing then!!!
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
The cops over in oz are barsterds  :laugh: got the right idea though! Sorta!  :whistle:

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
Yeah they carry guns and take no bull sh!t :lipsrsealed:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
I was driving up the M40 on Sunday. Some people are taking the whole get back into the left hand lane to extremes. The amount times I saw overtaking cars cutting back into to the safe space that the overtakee had left in front of him. It was like being in France.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
It's a load of bull, just more money, whats the success rate of the offence of using a mobile phone and getting to court? Merely 50% it wastes more police money than it brings in when they enforce it from when I worked for the magistrate courts.

What about people being up you ass to pressure you to go faster, people not letting you in, people in the outer lanes forcing you to undertake, to many variables its nonsense, its yourself that will get caught out and not the morons.

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/