Author Topic: ZX spectrum 30th  (Read 2932 times)

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: ZX spectrum 30th
« Reply #10 on: 23 April 2012, 19:25 »
Other classics included Gauntlet, Andy Capp, Batman and Moonwalker!

The good old days when you could copy a game using a stereo  :grin:

High speed dubbing?  :grin:

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.

Offline stealthwolf

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 23 April 2012, 22:21 »
We had the 48K and then the 128K. Both had plastic keys. I remember waiting for a game to load and then there would be an error! I also remember the break key which stopped the program and allowed me to change the program to my benefit!

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #12 on: 25 April 2012, 22:20 »
i remember the cassette games took an eternity to load!

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #13 on: 10 July 2012, 23:05 »
I had a 48k back in the day. :cool: I remember trying to load games in and they would fail to load if the casette volume was too high. :huh: Took someone I know ages to copy Daley Thompsons Decathlon because it was written in machine code and was supposed to load faster so was harder to copy by tape to tape.

Have a look at this website for a bit of nostalgic game play. www.zxspectrum.net Showed my son Match Day and told him that was the quality of football game we played, he just laughed. Used to love skooldaze.
......now officially dubless.

Offline DOA

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 11 July 2012, 23:51 »
Strange how everyone remembers the Sinclairs and yet no-one remembers the Commadores and Amstrads :huh:. On reflection, we must have been seriously bored to wait for tapes to load (unless you had the game on cartridge) but by christ they had gameplay down to a tee! Football manager was THE sh!t and yet all it consisted of was stick men beeping around a green background while you sat on the edge of your seat transfixed by the little blob of ball and hours and hours of trying to get your hometown to the top of the 1st division. Manic miner, jetset willie, chuckie egg, gauntlet, and the ultimate joystick destroyer, Daley Thompsons decathalon were all awesome games! I lost a considerable number of days a couple of years ago (as did a friend who wasnt even born when the Amiga came out!) playing a few of these on an emulator, something I just wouldnt bother to do with most modern games  :undecided:.

Offline stealthwolf

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 12 July 2012, 20:11 »
The graphics were sh!t so gameplay is what sold games. These days, graphics have become uber realistic but gameplay can still be shockingly poor.