Author Topic: £600 car. Suggestions Please!  (Read 3579 times)

Offline Bellend

• I live here
Re: £600 car. Suggestions Please!
« Reply #40 on: 10 April 2012, 22:28 »
Let's hope the alternator doesn't go.  :lipsrsealed:

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #41 on: 10 April 2012, 22:35 »
Someone must have really hated her to get her that  :shocked:

Offline Britman

• Here all the time
« Reply #42 on: 10 April 2012, 22:41 »
Following on from Thom's suggestion...
http://www4.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/peugeot/106/postcode/ox100dz/radius/1501/sort/priceasc/fuel-type/diesel

You can get her 2 for just over £700 so she'll have plenty of spares or a whole other car to use if the first dies. If my wife wasn't going to ferry our kids around in her car I'd get her one of these  :lipsrsealed:

£400's worth of 106 will always be better than 2k's worth of KA :smiley: they really are a bargain, especially for just short commuter type journeys, and those engines are worthy of many of hundreds of thousands of miles without a problem... the downside is the cars that dont have power steering! avoid at all costs, its like steering a tank :lipsrsealed:

Thom

if you think 106 heavy try 306  :laugh: I got a 306 1.9d 1993 of someone i goin to sell and the steering is ridiculous you cant take some corners without planning it that heavy.
« Last Edit: 10 April 2012, 23:04 by Britman »

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #43 on: 10 April 2012, 23:05 »

£400's worth of 106 will always be better than 2k's worth of KA :smiley: they really are a bargain, especially for just short commuter type journeys, and those engines are worthy of many of hundreds of thousands of miles without a problem... the downside is the cars that dont have power steering! avoid at all costs, its like steering a tank :lipsrsealed:

Thom

try a mk2 without P/steering running 15s  :smug: you are just old and weak  :kiss:

I loved my first MK2 without power steering, took some getting used to coming from a brand new Focus mind you, and the first round about which was a mini one with the island in the middle after just picking it up was FUN  :lipsrsealed: :laugh:
Me "Fuck me, the steerings knackered"
Cousin "Nah, you didn't have weetabix this morning for brekkie" :laugh:

It defo gave 'good feedback' when driving along :evil:
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #44 on: 10 April 2012, 23:12 »
Nothing wrong with having no power steering.  My first car when I was learning to drive had no power steering, neither did my driving instructors car.  Got you into good habits, turning into the direction you plan to go at junctions etc.

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #45 on: 10 April 2012, 23:12 »

Thom

try a mk2 without P/steering running 15s  :smug: you are just old and weak  :kiss:

I loved my first MK2 without power steering, took some getting used to coming from a brand new Focus mind you, and the first round about which was a mini one with the island in the middle after just picking it up was FUN  :lipsrsealed: :laugh:
Me "Fuck me, the steerings knackered"
Cousin "Nah, you didn't have weetabix this morning for brekkie" :laugh:

It defo gave 'good feedback' when driving along :evil:

HAHA, I remember my 6n polo with no PAS, no Gym was needed you got your work out then and there with huge arms  :grin:

However only upside with PAS is you can steer with one finger or your c0ck

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline Britman

• Here all the time
« Reply #46 on: 10 April 2012, 23:19 »
some cars ok and better feel without power steering i think, like mk2 golf, mr2 mk1 was so much fun and direct i loved the handling on them and small car a 205 wasnt to bad. I just think some heavy cars are hard control around corner the 306 feels awful i think without it. It wasnt heaviest though i drove a mastro once and was so heavy.