Author Topic: £600 car. Suggestions Please!  (Read 3578 times)

Offline Bellend

• I live here
Re: £600 car. Suggestions Please!
« Reply #10 on: 07 April 2012, 18:38 »
Got a Felicia that has just has it's MOT.

As of today it has both passenger doors smashed in.  :rolleyes:

Cheers mum.

OR a Micra if it's not rotten.

As for Ka's my GF has a lovely Ka. On a 53 not a spec of rust with the leather trim. However for £600 DO NOT buy a Ka.

106, Saxo or a Micra IMO.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 07 April 2012, 18:55 »
+1 on the VW polo 1.0 brilliant car, my dad has one to sell comes with 1 year MOT and a full tank of fuel.
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline johnnyvr6

• Here all the time
  • golf v6 4motion soon to be 1.8t'd
« Reply #12 on: 07 April 2012, 19:14 »
Got a Felicia that has just has it's MOT.

As of today it has both passenger doors smashed in.  :rolleyes:

Cheers mum.

OR a Micra if it's not rotten.

As for Ka's my GF has a lovely Ka. On a 53 not a spec of rust with the leather trim. However for £600 DO NOT buy a Ka.

106, Saxo or a Micra IMO.

dont buy anything ford for 600 quid lol,for that kind of money i would by japanese like micra,early yaris or suzuki swift

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #13 on: 07 April 2012, 20:36 »
Mk3 Ibiza 1.4 8v  :wink:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Mikehamid

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 07 April 2012, 22:00 »
For that money, a Peugeot 106 Diesel ticks all boxes, cheapest to buy, run, service, mend, no rust, and plenty to choose from... but at all costs, avoid buying a KA of any year or price!

Thom
You might also want to leave for work an hour early if you buy one of these. Slowest car ever!

I would suggest a Micra. Solid cars, reliable and it doesn't matter if you crash it.

Twitter - @MikeArmstrong11

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 07 April 2012, 22:55 »
For that money, a Peugeot 106 Diesel ticks all boxes, cheapest to buy, run, service, mend, no rust, and plenty to choose from... but at all costs, avoid buying a KA of any year or price!

Thom
You might also want to leave for work an hour early if you buy one of these. Slowest car ever!

I would suggest a Micra. Solid cars, reliable and it doesn't matter if you crash it.

I beg to differ, you crash in one of these, you die. Simples!
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline jimbooboo

• I live here
  • YUM YUM
« Reply #16 on: 07 April 2012, 22:57 »
Would stick to a ford ka mate, cheap to run, cheap to insure and cheap to buy and dont usually have that many miles on...

Offline bury dubster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 07 April 2012, 23:01 »
mk3 1.4 you can pick up a clean one for £600 all day long bulletprove motor had 4 in my time. :grin: :grin:
How I Hate Jap crap eat the V DuB badge!!!!!!

Offline Mikehamid

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 07 April 2012, 23:06 »

Thom

I beg to differ, you crash in one of these, you die. Simples!

hahaha true that. Well, don't crash altogether is a sensible idea tbh.

Twitter - @MikeArmstrong11

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #19 on: 08 April 2012, 00:08 »
I'd avoid the polo 6n, the word chocolate components comes to mind in my ownership of two of them. Always a gearbox issue somewhere along the way and TB issues (but thats common for vag), apart from that they are ok, easy to repair and maintain, but my mk4 1.8T has cost me miles less in maintenance than my polo's. My polo's bills where so high I could of bought a new LCR  :grin: :grin: :grin:

KA's rust like mad, I'd look at a micra personally

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/