Author Topic: Dom069 - My 8v Story So Far - Deposit Taken :(  (Read 181461 times)

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
Looks really nice now dom its lowered  :smiley: I like the de-badged grill but I do prefer the badged grill.Coming along really nice now though bud.I know the feeling spending money my inner cv boots gone and clicking plush she needs a service and tax up next month  :cry: got it booked in end of month  :wink:
Golf Gti

kells

Looks better

One thing you had the camber and tracking sorted then raised the rear you may find it is now out.

cant see it needing looking at, adjustment is only on the front on the mk 3

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Looks really nice now dom its lowered  :smiley: I like the de-badged grill but I do prefer the badged grill.Coming along really nice now though bud.I know the feeling spending money my inner cv boots gone and clicking plush she needs a service and tax up next month  :cry: got it booked in end of month  :wink:

Cheers mate :afro:

I'll get someone to photoshop the grill on for me and see what I think  :cool:

Looks better

One thing you had the camber and tracking sorted then raised the rear you may find it is now out.

I'm gonna head back on Friday and get them to check it for me anyway....i'll let you know the verdict  :smiley:

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
Kells right the rear end on a mk3 cant be adjusted in anyway its all up front.
Golf Gti

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Looks better

Yes but by raising the rear you may have put it out if that makes sense.

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Looks better

Yes but by raising the rear you may have put it out if that makes sense.

I get what your saying Wayne. Also I think the springs have bedded in a bit which may also effect it.

I fitted new rear top mounts this evening, no more nasty knocking  :smiley:

Also took my dad out for a spin in the car. He was very interested to see what the ride was like (i'd been talking through the pros and cons of cheap coilovers with him, before I bought mine).

Bearing in mind he's 62 in a couple of months (and used to 'comfortable' cars) he thought the ride was very good. He described it as firm but definately not harsh, also a lot of fun in the twisty bits  :evil:

I've read countless times on here that the ride will be aweful and i'll regret buying cheap coilovers, however I completely disagree. I wouldn't go as far as saying the ride is great, but it's definately good and reasonably comfortable. For the money they're excellent!

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Ok, so removed the yellow plug under the airbox that controls the dim dip. This is how my lights looks with just the sidelights on, no more yellow/orange glow  :smiley:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
I've read countless times on here that the ride will be aweful and i'll regret buying cheap coilovers, however I completely disagree. I wouldn't go as far as saying the ride is great, but it's definately good and reasonably comfortable. For the money they're excellent!

Boy am i glad to hear that, mind you, different car but still, cant be any worse than the semi-siezed shocks mines on at the mo... might actually get round to doing mine soon.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.

Boy am i glad to hear that, mind you, different car but still, cant be any worse than the semi-siezed shocks mines on at the mo... might actually get round to doing mine soon.

People are too fussy that's the problem, and some of the 'older' members on here moan seeing as they are grumpy old men.  :grin: Cheap coilovers FTW.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot

People are too fussy that's the problem, and some of the 'older' members on here moan seeing as they are grumpy old men.  :grin: Cheap coilovers FTW.

Lets see, creaking all the time, car not level, no ride comfort at all plus people have had the fail within 6mths of fitting them.  :rolleyes: